Value of: Jeff Carter

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Trying not to de-rail the Kopitar thread, but what would be the ask for Jeff Carter from the Kings' perspective. I could see the Blues offering the 2018 WIN 1st and any prospect not named Robert Thomas. Is that enough, or is the expected return significantly higher?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I think if the Blues can't sign Tavares, Kyrou + WIN 1st is exactly what the price will be. I think he'll be a great fit in St-Louis.

That being said, if Carter goes, I think Doughty goes as well. Interesting off-season for L.A fans

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Agreed.. start trading core players and Doughty will walk.

I think it really will depend if Doughty sign a new deal or not. If he doesn't or they aren't close at the draft, there might be a lot of movement in L.A. If he signs, I think they will try to add one or two goal scorers in their prime (25-30 years).

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
I think it really will depend if Doughty sign a new deal or not. If he doesn't or they aren't close at the draft, there might be a lot of movement in L.A. If he signs, I think they will try to add one or two goal scorers in their prime (25-30 years).

Well as of July 1st they can talk to Doughty and see what he wants to do. They'll gadge what to do after that conversation. Highly unlikely Doughty signs this summer. Unless they throw a blank cheque at him. They won't get a 100% signing/not signing but they'll get a feel for where he stands. He's been pretty clear that he wants to win more than anything. Given they missed the playoffs last year and snuck in to get swept this year they do need to start showing him they aren't a past contender trying to hang on to the team that won a while ago.

Nodoughtyboutit

May 14, 2010
Really I think it's the other way around, management is waiting to see what Doughtys camp is thinking and that'll dictate where we go. If he decided to walk I don't know if anyone on our roster is safe. But if he resigns and wants to stay then we'll try to retool mainly looking for a legit 1St line winger

Reactions: Rorschach

PaulaMesser

Apr 18, 2018
I think if the Blues can't sign Tavares, Kyrou + WIN 1st is exactly what the price will be. I think he'll be a great fit in St-Louis.

That being said, if Carter goes, I think Doughty goes as well. Interesting off-season for L.A fans
I Agree for you
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/ground.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/pic.png

member 88115

If Carter is traded, we need Center prospect coming back. Like Thomas with a pick, not Kyrou. Toffoli for Kyrou + can happen since both are wingers.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If Carter is traded, we need Center prospect coming back. Like Thomas with a pick, not Kyrou. Toffoli for Kyrou + can happen since both are wingers.
Thomas and kyrou are not on the table. They would rather sign statsny again then pay a kings ransom for a 33 year old who missed 3/4 of the season last year. And is signed for 4 more seasons til 37 38. Solid no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->