Jeeps, trucks, off-roading

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beowulf, May 18, 2018.

1. beowulf

beowulf Not a nice guy.

Federal government
    Anyone else into vehicles that are better off road than on?
    Do any off-roading? What is your rig?

Saw this one and fell in love...love these rebuilt classics.

1985 Toyota Land Cruiser open top

Flukeshot likes this.
  2. Newfy OilPenguin

Newfy OilPenguin Registered User

Gonna post it here. If anyone comes across any good deals on either a 6 Litre or 6.7 Ford, I'd greatly appreciate a message. Should also note that i'd like to keep my travel to get it as far west and south as Montreal (As I live in the Maritimes)

3. RichWVU

RichWVU Registered User

This was my last vehicle, 2008 Trail Team Edition, manual trans. Was a monster in the woods and in the snow, but my goodness it sucked so bad on the road. The manuals were full time 4x4 (some 60/40 split or something) meaning it was 15-16 mpg on the highway, and had a tough time climbing some of the WV mountains in 6th gear at highway speed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Flukeshot

Flukeshot Hextall Activate!

9-5'ing
    I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler, but it is my daily driver. As it and my family ages I am hoping it will become less of a daily vehicle.

I just bought some Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 33s tires and MT Deegan Pro 2 rims. I will try and hit some trails but with no lift and no snorkel I wouldn't go for any deep mud/water.

Funny/Pathetic new jeep owner story. I took my 7 day old stock jeep on a dirt trail "just for some fun". Unbeknownst to me, the trail had deteriorated a lot, it had rained a ton in the spring and hadn't dried up and clearly recently had a tractor go through to create deep wheel ruts. Well all of 200 ft in and I knew I had to get out, unfortunately I did not. Got jammed in a rut and ended up hood down in the ditch. Air intake fully submerged and therefore engine flooded with water.

Amazingly, after getting pulled out by a friend's Titan, it still ran for a fair bit before the computer shut her down. Super lucky it survived. Good times... Good lesson. The first 3 oil changes looked like milk chocolate running out.

That trail was shut down permanently less than 2 months later.