News Article: Jeanneret named to emeritus role with Buffalo Sabres

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

The Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce that Hall-of-Famer Rick Jeanneret will remain with the organization in a newly formed Broadcaster Emeritus role.

Jeanneret retired from play-by-play duties at the end of last season, capping off an illustrious 51-year career. He was honored during the season with a banner in the rafters to commemorate the impact he's made on the franchise.

In his new role, Jeanneret will make appearances on select Sabres programming including Sabres pregame shows and "Sabres Live" and have a steady presence on the team's digital channels and social media platforms. He will also play a part in team and community events throughout the year.

"This Broadcaster Emeritus role affords me the opportunity of still being around the Buffalo Sabres," Jeanneret said. "As much as I say I'm retired, I still hang around the rink a little bit because I cannot get away from it, quite frankly.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
I wonder if this is cracking the door open to "let RJ make a call if we happen to play in a Cup clinching game"...
I have never had any doubt, that if the Sabres make the playoffs, and Rick can still crawl into his chair, he WILL be a part of the playoff broadcast team. Even 10 years from now, if the Sabres get to the finals and Rick can still mumble thru the slobber he will be there! :)

Reactions: Diaspora and Fjordy

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Of course. He's the goat.

It was glorious and special, but I doubt Chicago was his last game calling. It'll happen again.

I wonder if this is cracking the door open to "let RJ make a call if we happen to play in a Cup clinching game"...
That's a guarantee. If we make it again, and he's able, he'll 100% be calling.

I thought by the end of last year, he actually sounded better calling less games. That Chicago game was pristine.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Sounds like he'll have a guest starring role in the booth from time to time. I think they dragged this retirement out for so many years that I don't have an appetite for a comeback. But a gentleman's privilege to offer some color now and then is nice.

I'm sure Dunleavy wouldn't mind the optics of calling the game and then saying, "Rick, you've waited fifty-some years to say this ...." Looks magnanimous.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
As someone recently said; "I don't
want a PBP man who sounds like one
of The Muppets."

Too many of today's do. And as such,
I appreciate Dan Dunleavy's demeaner.

Is he Ted darling or RJ?

Of course not, but who is?

1665792927887.png

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I have this picture of RJ in a recliner watching Peterka’s goal- “where there’s a will there’s a way, hooray for JJ, Peterka that is, his first in the NH- goddammit I gotta go back to work.”

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad