Jean Guy talbot passes away at 91

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Repose en paix, Jean-Guy. Vas rejoindre les autres fantômes!

Who's the player left among those who won 5 straight? They say he was the 2nd last.
Edit : Don Marshall. Idk who he is, will look him up.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I knew Marshall had been a Hab but I only remember him as a Ranger.
Marshall was a secondary piece in the trade that saw a fading Jacques Plante being traded for Gump Worsley.

A little known fact. In the late 1960s, while holding out in a salary dispute with the Canadiens, Worsley set up a shooting booth near Place Bonaventure where fans could take shots against the famed NHL goalie for $10.

See what you youngsters missed.

It was a much different time. Whether it was a better time is still being debated.

Reactions: Toene

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I learnt to skate at Arena Jean-Guy Talbot in Cap-de-la-Madeleine and at the time, I thought it was name after him cause he was always there. A very accessible Gentleman he was.

If anyone could find a video of the standing ovation he got at Lions first game, please post it here, it shows how a legend he was in his local community.

Reactions: Toene

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
My dad, who started watching hockey around 58, used to always tell me Talbot and Jean-Claude Tremblay were both a bit like Bobby Orr, very ''modern'' for the Dmen of their times. I wish I could have seen them play.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Jean guy Talbot was the first hab I ever met. I remember like yesterday. I am 8 years old, I am at shamrock park on the outside skating rink with a few friends. It's 1959. Guess who shows up. J G Talbot to do some skating. First, to a bunch of 8 year old this man is HUGE,Yes with his hab jersey on with his name on the back. To this day the I remember the impression I had. It was the unbelievable POWER in his stride 2-3 pushes and he is going 40km with the ice crackling under the power of his power strides LEG Power I have never seen before, sounds from the ice I have never seen before. that was a long time ago and to this day I remember it all.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Marshall was a secondary piece in the trade that saw a fading Jacques Plante being traded for Gump Worsley.

A little known fact. In the late 1960s, while holding out in a salary dispute with the Canadiens, Worsley set up a shooting booth near Place Bonaventure where fans could take shots against the famed NHL goalie for $10.

See what you youngsters missed.

It was a much different time. Whether it was a better time is still being debated.
Good ole Gumper, one of a kind!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad