Votes: 15 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 34 69.4%

• Total voters

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m surprise we haven’t have any news on that case
If Houle’s return were but a formality, it would have happened already.

I’m inclined to think that the org. is weighing its options.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
If Houle’s return were but a formality, it would have happened already.

I’m inclined to think that the org. is weighing its options.
Or Houle is, he might have received offers from other orgs since the season ended.

Like Joel Bouchard did back in 2021.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Or Houle is, he might have received offers from other orgs since the season ended.

Houle is on record saying he wants to be back.

We also know the org hadn't talked to him about a new contract at season end.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

That's an interesting twist. I don't know what Houle's reputation or appeal might be across the AHL or even some other league.

Also, I didn't pay attention to what kind of delay an organization will typically take before committing to its AHL coaching staff but as @Treb stated, since Houle is on record as wanting to return, it's more than likely that the ball is in Hughes/ Sedgwick's court.

If the org. valued Houle very highly, would they not be incentivized to lock him up quick?

Reactions: HuGo Sham

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
That's an interesting twist. I don't know what Houle's reputation or appeal might be across the AHL or even some other league.

Also, I didn't pay attention to what kind of delay an organization will typically take before committing to its AHL coaching staff but as @Treb stated, since Houle is on record as wanting to return, it's more than likely that the ball is in Hughes/ Sedgwick's court.

If the org. valued Houle very highly, would they not be incentivized to lock him up quick?
Houle was assistant coach for the Bakerfields Condors (Oilers affiliate) for 6 years before becoming the Rocket HC. I'm surprised he haven't gotten any NHL assistant coach offers yet...

And yes, if they wanted to lock him up, it would have been done by now unless Houle is trying to get more money/term or other incentives.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Houle was assistant coach for the Bakerfields Condors (Oilers affiliate) for 6 years before becoming the Rocket HC. I'm surprised he haven't gotten any NHL assistant coach offers yet...

And yes, if they wanted to lock him up, it would have been done by now unless Houle is trying to get more money/term or other incentives.
Maybe Houle doesn’t have that kind of leverage. It’ll have to play itself out, we have no other way of knowing.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
We have done what we can with Houle so far. Time to turn the page. It's a shame Joel went to the Tampa farm club, I would gladly have taken him back. He was perfect for that role. Right now my pick for replacement would be Benoix Groulx. Great coach and he has always been killing it in the Tampa farm club. Plus if you want to eventually replace Marty, you could groom Groulx to takeover.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
We have done what we can with Houle so far. Time to turn the page. It's a shame Joel went to the Tampa farm club, I would gladly have taken him back. He was perfect for that role. Right now my pick for replacement would be Benoix Groulx. Great coach and he has always been killing it in the Tampa farm club. Plus if you want to eventually replace Marty, you could groom Groulx to takeover.
Benoit Groulx as MSL assistant ? Yes it would make sense

Benoit Groulx as Laval HC ? He’s not what this management will want as HC for developing the young guys

Reactions: dinodebino

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Benoit Groulx as MSL assistant ? Yes it would make sense

Benoit Groulx as Laval HC ? He’s not what this management will want as HC for developing the young guys

I get that but Tampa always had a successful winning culture from up and down with their farm club winning constantly and Groulx was part of that. If you can develop guys and also win games, that's not a bad thing.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I think there's plenty of time to make a decision, especially with a number of NHL teams losing in the first round and deciding if they'll be firing some/all of their coaching staff. AHL/CHL playoffs are also still in process, I'm sure a championship or Memorial Cup might raise the value for some candidates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad