Jean Beliveau vs. Maurice Richard

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Personally, I'll take Beliveau. They were both fantastic players, but I think Beliveau had the better career. Richard was more important as an icon and culturally, which sees him held in higher regard.

Obviously not having seen either of them, my opinion is founded on what I've read, but I think it could justifiably go either way.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Personally, I'll take Beliveau. They were both fantastic players, but I think Beliveau had the better career. Richard was more important as an icon and culturally, which sees him held in higher regard.

Obviously not having seen either of them, my opinion is founded on what I've read, but I think it could justifiably go either way.

Quoted for truth.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground

I didn't see either of them, but Beliveau seems to have been a lot clasier on the ice, so he gets my vote.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Better scorer : Richard
Better player : Béliveau

If not for Howe, Béliveau would have been the most dominant player of his era.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Beliveau. ALhtough I love Richard it wasn't until Beliveay arrived that the Habs had their big dynasty. Heck Beliveau was part of two Habs dynasties and he was the best player both times

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I didn't see either of them, but Beliveau seems to have been a lot clasier on the ice, so he gets my vote.

Yeah, I think Beliveau was a better player too, but Richard has always been one of my all-time favorite's, even though I've never seen either play... I'm just ranking them based on old highlights, and from what I've read. :)

So, I voted for the Rocket.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Two very different styles and played different positions.
I was lucky enough to see them play when I was very young.
Richard was a wind, Beliveau a center. Like trying to compare Lou Gehrig to Babe Ruth.
Beliveau was a cool surgeon, Richard was the hot blooded, high energy force.
It's a toss up.:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->