JD on WFAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
-Everyone thought there would be a deal since everyone could see a finish line (46 mil or so)

-The NHL may go for 45. Bettman would 'discuss it'.

-There will be one last 'kick at it'

-The owners 'have to' move off 42.5

-Meeting is here in NY this weekend

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
-Philosophical differences are gone. Its all down to dollars (obviously)

-Players will never get a better deal. Maybe even this weekend.

-Next year will be 28-30 mil cap with linkage.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
-NO fracture in ownership. A clear one in the players.

-If the board (Linden, Gartner, etc) says its a good deal Bob will sign it.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Bettman has CLEARLY insuiated that he can move up SLIGHTLY off $42.5M. How high remains to be seen, but he certainly won't be meeting the PA in the middle at $46M. I think he was hoping the PA had come back on Tuesday at about $47M or below so he could start to haggle. A $46M offer without clause #7 WILL get the NHL to move up, and then we are litterally seperated by less than $2Mil per team. At that point, you better believe something will occur.

At the end of the day, I expect a dollar for dollar luxury tax on team payrolls above $40M up to a cap of $45 mil.

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Egil said:
Bettman has CLEARLY insuiated that he can move up SLIGHTLY off $42.5M. How high remains to be seen, but he certainly won't be meeting the PA in the middle at $46M. I think he was hoping the PA had come back on Tuesday at about $47M or below so he could start to haggle. A $46M offer without clause #7 WILL get the NHL to move up, and then we are litterally seperated by less than $2Mil per team. At that point, you better believe something will occur.

At the end of the day, I expect a dollar for dollar luxury tax on team payrolls above $40M up to a cap of $45 mil.

sounds about right.....the owners may throw the NHLPA a bone and agree to a floor of $25 mill [as was in their proposal]

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Ah...ah said, we ah don't ah blog hearah. - Foghorn Leghorn

Mod Nazi says...."No blog for you."

Ozzy says..."I can't bleepity bleep believe it Shaaron....they are still talking about bleeping blogs."

Brent Burns Beard