Recalled/Assigned: Jayson Megna

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Our lord and savior Tanner Glass and our other lord and savior Megna in one video. What a time to be alive

No one is saying Megna is Lord & Savior. He's a guy getting a shot while our team if having a rough time. It's always fun to talk about and actually root for the new guys to succeed. I think most of us would be happy with serviceable 4th line play...or 3rd line if needed. The video is positive energy. :)

*Bob Richards*

This is all good for me. Seemingly nothing has worked this season so why not give Jayson a shot? Couldn't hurt.

It won't fix the defensive inadequacies but perhaps it will show AV something on the 4th line.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
His parents were misspelling common naymes before it was cool.

But hey, I guess welcome aboard. He had a good preseason, so there's that at least.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
That really is pretty much it. :laugh:

Etem brings no offense and no defense. Occasionally he has a nice cycle or two during an offensive shift during a game, but thats almost it. At least Megna plays some defense.

C'mob now. He skated in open ice a few times with the puck. Everyone has it tough when a mean player with another jersey shows up.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Magna took the opportunity and ran with it (Hayes too--actually moved with purpose on the ice). Etem needs to go all out every single shift he's out, if he gets another opportunity.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I really liked how he played in Hartford and he was excellent in his first Ranger game. I'd like to see more of him at the NHL level.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Great game by Megna. This is the best i have seen Nash and Stepan this season aswell. Really a big offensive threat every time they were on the ice! Hopefully Megna can keep it up. Looked ready for the nhl. No puck luck at all, deserved everything he got tonight and that line could have had a couple goals more aswell! Fun to see Stepan playing a good game again aswell and i think Megna was a huge part of that! Everyone know how dominating Nash can be with the puck on his stick when he is going!

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I never was high on Etem, and I saw enough of him, and in one incredibly small sample size of Megna I would prefer him over Etem. Even if he didn't score a point tonight, I liked his game.

The only thing I see Etem do is skate and put his arms out like he's in speed skating trying to be first over the line. God do I miss Hagelin.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I never was high on Etem, and I saw enough of him, and in one incredibly small sample size of Megna I would prefer him over Etem. Even if he didn't score a point tonight, I liked his game.

The only thing I see Etem do is skate and put his arms out like he's in speed skating trying to be first over the line. God do I miss Hagelin.

I also thought Megna looked great, was one of our best forwards last night, as far as etem, I don't know why people give him so much ****, he was one of our best forwards when given a chance the last couple of weeks and I'd rather play him then glass any day of the week

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He went out there and gave a damn last night. It was so nice to see another skater put in a great effort on every shift.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I hope he can be a solid 3rd line winger. He had a great Rangers debut but I don't think he has the consistency to be a top6 player.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's basically a second line guy in the AHL who fits fine playing up or down a line, so it's hard to imagine him at 26 developing into a regular top six guy in the NHL. He can definitely play in the bottom six and probably has good enough skill to fill in on the second line in a pinch and not really hurt you.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
What a filthy pass from Nash on that 2 on 1. Glad Megna finished it, not many on our team would the way we have been playing.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He's basically a second line guy in the AHL who fits fine playing up or down a line, so it's hard to imagine him at 26 developing into a regular top six guy in the NHL. He can definitely play in the bottom six and probably has good enough skill to fill in on the second line in a pinch and not really hurt you.

You never know. Brassard was a wasteland of a player until 25 when he was traded to the rangers. Now he's going on 28, and he's a #2 center on a good team

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Great our lord and savior Jayson Megna has been called up. All of our problems should be fixed now

hehe, I don`t really know who Megna is, but he scored because Nasher refuse to shoot the puck it seems, or it was a great gesture of Nash. :)

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Agree. I would dump Etem. Trade for nothing, waive him. He sucks. It pisses me off watching him play.

I could think of 3 or 4 forwards in Hartford id rather have up instead of him. Waste of space. And talent.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Agree. I would dump Etem. Trade for nothing, waive him. He sucks. It pisses me off watching him play.

I could think of 3 or 4 forwards in Hartford id rather have up instead of him. Waste of space. And talent.

yup. dumb and not a good hockey player

so.... etem for atkinson then ? done deal. :laugh:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
You never know. Brassard was a wasteland of a player until 25 when he was traded to the rangers. Now he's going on 28, and he's a #2 center on a good team

By 25 Brassard had two 40+ point seasons and a year where he had 25 points in 31 games. He had also played in 300 games. Up-and-down, maybe, but nothing close to a "wasteland" or whatever.

There ARE late bloomers like Parenteau or Desharnais, but even then they were big time scorers in the minors. Megna hasn't even scored half a point per game in the AHL. It's incredibly unlikely for him to exceed or even replicate that production in the NHL.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. Those players on HFD are crap but they'll at least give an honest effort and lay it all out there for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad