Blue Jays Discussion: Jays host wild-card game vs BAL....Stroman Starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
YeahKassian: You said judges don't apply the same logic to two situations. Judges apply the same logic to two similar situations ALL the time, it's what's called precedent. Jose sliding is a baseball play, Severino doing what the Jays thought was intentionally throwing at Donaldson was a baseball play. Those are two similar situations that you're applying different logic to.

And again, you're inferring that a pitch "got away" from Severino and not that he threw at Donaldson on purpose, when the Jays have not retaliated the other times he's been hit. We don't know if the pitch was intentional or not, but if we're going on "expert" opinion, the players on the field have the more believable testimony than yours, so you really can't keep bringing that up to support your argument.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
YeahKassian, you were trying to say "what if's" don't count towards Donaldson not being injured by the HBP, but then claiming that Bautista 'could have' injured Odor. That's what people are calling you out on.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
He wasn't crowding the plate there. I have said multiple times that the pitch got away. Not sure what more I can say. In my defense I did think he was closer than that, was mistaken. Ive seen a bunch of Sevs starts this year, and let me tell you, the guy is awful. He has no idea where the pitch is going a lot of the time.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
standing in the batters box receiving a 98 mile per hour pitch inside is fundamentally baseball.

So is making hard, aggressive slides at the second baseman. Both Severino, who came too far inside and hit the batter, and Bautista, who slide late, went a bit too far.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Those guys are generally wrong about everything... so probably.

You win. I will bow out. All I was saying is no need for a brawl in this situation. That's all I was saying. In my opinion, it wasn't on purpose. Good luck the rest of the way.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
You win. I will bow out. All I was saying is no need for a brawl in this situation. That's all I was saying. In my opinion, it wasn't on purpose. Good luck the rest of the way.

I wasn't trying to win anything with that comment, I just think those guys are the worst.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
So is making hard, aggressive slides at the second baseman. Both Severino, who came too far inside and hit the batter, and Bautista, who slide late, went a bit too far.

Bats slid late and completely overshot 2nd base. I'm surprised he didn't hit the skin. I can see what pissed off oder. Especially with the new rule.

That being said last year in the play offs.. the umpiring for inside pitches and hit by pitch was all pretty wobbly but that also falls into rapport with the umpires over the season and beyond.

I'm comming in late sorry.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Bats slid late and completely overshot 2nd base. I'm surprised he didn't hit the skin. I can see what pissed off oder. Especially with the new rule.

That being said last year in the play offs.. the umpiring for inside pitches and hit by pitch was all pretty wobbly but that also falls into rapport with the umpires over the season and beyond.

I'm comming in late sorry.

Late indeed. Yikes.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
The Yankees seem to be more pissed at the fact the Jays all but ended whatever slim playoff hopes they had, more than anything else. That this is getting play in the (national U.S.) media is just a reflection of the Yankees popularity.

It's pretty funny. One US analyst called the Jays a bunch of "little crybabies" but who exactly is crying about all this? The Yankees are the ones whining about the Jays swagger, the Yankees are the ones who resorted to childish taunts, and the Yankees are the ones who spent most of the 4-game set arguing with the umpires. In fact, Stroman's words ("Yep. That's a strike") -- that have courted so much controversy -- were directed at Sanchez after he got caught looking at an obvious strike and was arguing with the umpire over it. Maybe if the Yankees had an understanding of the strike zone, they wouldn't be getting shut out, what is it, 6 times in the month of September? By contrast, the Jays have, ironically, taken this pretty well in stride, notwithstanding the two injuries suffered as a result of the shenanigans.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I'm actually tired of hearing Blair et al say how stupid the whole thing was.
Whatever. These games are tense and emotional. Things happen at the moment. They don't respond and "there must trouble in the club-house"
Time to move on........

Last edited:

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Like tonights lineup vs Tillman. Just about everyone has an OPS over .800 against him except Donaldson and a few bench players.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I'm actually tired of hearing Blair et al say how stupid the whole thing was.
Whatever. These games are tense and emotional. Things happen at the moment. They don't respond and "there must trouble in the club-house"
Time to move on........

It's pretty obvious by looking at him that Jeff Blair hasn't played a competitive sport in his life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad