Value of: Jason Zucker

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So the answer is to trade an in his prime goal scorer?
He's been great for us in the regular season, but has never shown another gear in the post season. He does nothing but get pushed around. He's not a very good passer and only a decent puck handler. He's got tons of speed and a decent shot, that's about it. The Wild need to diversify their offensive toolbox, and he carries value that allows roster changes to be made.

He's a perfect sell high scenario in hopes of reworking the makeup.

The Wild are loaded with players who do nothing but grind out offense, we need to get more creative skill in the lineup. Zucker is a grind it out offensive player... that or just streak down the ice from a breakout pass type player.

He's done nothing, ever, for us in the post season. 33g 64pts in 82 games this season, 0g, 0pts in 5 games this post season.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I see Zucker is an RFA this summer, and needs a new deal. Can you afford to keep him while making no other roster changes?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I see Zucker is an RFA this summer, and needs a new deal. Can you afford to keep him while making no other roster changes?
Yeah, we could keep him if we changed nothing, but changing nothing doesn't exactly get us anywhere. It's been proven that this team AS IS won't get it done in the post season. Something MUST change.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
So the adjustment they make to be competitive in the speedier and speedier league is to dump their fastest player?

Makes sense after dumping their fastest player last offseason I guess.

The correct move is to get rid of Koivu, Ennis, Coyle and Foligno and spend the money on impact players.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So the adjustment they make to be competitive in the speedier and speedier league is to dump their fastest player?

The correct move is to get rid of Koivu, Ennis, Coyle and Foligno and spend the money on impact players.
You're not going to get something for nothing. Zucker is a valuable piece. I want to see what a possible return would look like to see if it would be worth it.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
You're not going to get something for nothing. Zucker is a valuable piece. I want to see what a possible return would look like to see if it would be worth it.
I think it's funny that this is the second Zucker thread in 24 hours and it shot off the front page just as fast as the first. Maybe because it was posted so early in the morning.

I'll say the same thing I said in the first thread. Great speed, good shot, can play in all situations though he's surprisingly innocuous on the powerplay. Very good player all around, and was just a force for the vast majority of this season.

The problem is that of the Coyle/Nino/Zucker forward group that has struggled through several series now, Zucker's probably been the least help in the playoffs. Between that and the need to re-sign him after a 33G-31A season, some of us are wondering if he might be the best one to shop right now.

Personally I'd be most interested in a high-upside young forward that is close to or already in the NHL, but hasn't broken out yet. Edmonton may not be a good fit for Zucker, but Puljujarvi is an example of the species.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
The wild are an above average but not top tier team. They honestly need to try for a home run trade to shake things up, not shuffle out guys like Zucker who again, is pretty good but not a top talent. He isn't a game breaker and won't return a game breaker.

Unfortunately the last time the wild swung for a big trade, they wound up on the losing end of it big time when they traded Brent burns for coyle, setoguchi, and a 1st which busted

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The wild are an above average but not top tier team. They honestly need to try for a home run trade to shake things up, not shuffle out guys like Zucker who again, is pretty good but not a top talent. He isn't a game breaker and won't return a game breaker.

Unfortunately the last time the wild swung for a big trade, they wound up on the losing end of it big time when they traded Brent burns for coyle, setoguchi, and a 1st which busted
Using whom? Or what?

logik47

Sep 14, 2014

What do you want from MTL for Charlie Coyle?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Zucker isn’t part of the problem.

Aging/injured vets (Koivu, Parise) and underperform guys like Coyle and Brodin are.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Zucker isn’t part of the problem.

Aging/injured vets (Koivu, Parise) and underperform guys like Coyle and Brodin are.
Not sure if you're serious with that take, but it sounds like you missed the playoff series.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Out of curiousity, what are the future pieces?

That are moveable? Not much, if I'm being honest.

The flyers just aren't really at that stage where enough prospects have 'made it' where they could justify it. Theres still enough holes on the roster that trading a future for a now just opens up a hole in the very near future.

Unless of course, you're interested in st Louis first, which I know wouldn't be enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad