Player Discussion Jason Zucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I've been pretty disgusted by his game in the playoffs. You're best players have to be your best players this time of year.
Yeah, Parise and Granlund were the only forwards who truly showed up to play for this series, and now we're down to just Granlund.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Koivu has been the best forward on the team

As for Zucker, he never shows in the playoffs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Koivu has been the best forward on the team

As for Zucker, he never shows in the playoffs.
Koivu is far from the worst... but I don't think I'd call him the best either. He's not a real target of problems I'd be looking at in this series though.

Agreed on Zucker though. He's a big part of this team's post season problem, especially after taking on such a prominent role in the regular season. You can't afford such an important player to just vanish when the games count like this.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Kinda like a recipe that is missing something but you can't quite put your finger on it, these guys just don't have "it" when it counts. Skill set, chemistry, system,......who knows but something ain't right. That's why all these threads are essentially the same....."what is up with 'inset player here'?"

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I think the point is all these players show up for home team regular season. When playoffs starts, it’s all team in the NHL I think we’ve learned there is no team attitude. It’s the 11-20-9 show. This is why Vegas is where they are- no one is making 6-7-8 million. It’s all team and they support each other like brothers.

If one of our defence ever crosschecked Laine like that the entire Jets team would have had a bounty out. To a man.

The Wild just stand around and watch as the player lays on the ground possibly concussed.
No response whatsoever.
If you don’t get inspired when that happens and mow the team down in your own building you either don’t have the stones, talent, heart, team mentality,passion,guts or leadership.

Too many passengers. 22-3-16 especially. Constant line flipping doesn’t help
Put 16-12-64 together and leave it.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I think the whole state of Minnesota is hurting from backing a team with absolutely nothing.
They deserve better.

20-11-9-40 cripples.

3-22-16 young hopefuls that are also crippled.

GM and coach are cripples.

The only guy that looked like he cared was Seeler granny and Dumba who becomes a giveaway machine when he thinks he can dangle. Sub ban found out what dangling does in playoffs last night.
Ek and a Greenway haven’t been around long enough to be poisoned by the 11-20-9 show and the idiotic organization The rest were all talk no action

The rink is full so I doubt the owner will do anything. He’s making his money.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It’s funny cause as soon as 11 and 20 went down we didn’t even score a goal. Maybe the other players just aren’t good enough. Staal MIA after scoring 42 goals. Zucker nowhere to be found. Nino and Coyle both broke their legs this year. I think Nino will return to what he was. Coyle... I just don’t like how un-assertive he is because when he is assertive he’s a damn good hockey player. When he’s not he can barely skate with a puck.

Our depth is gone. You can’t be trading any of the top 4 unless you’re getting a replacement dman.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucker wasn't great, but was one of our top 3 forwards all season long. I'm not going to throw that away because of a bad 5 game stretch. I'm also not prepared to throw away his speed...this team needs it.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Zucker wasn't great, but was one of our top 3 forwards all season long. I'm not going to throw that away because of a bad 5 game stretch. I'm also not prepared to throw away his speed...this team needs it.
30+ games

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Zucker and Coyle both actually had good chances last game, and I think in each case that I'm thinking of one set up the other. They just shanked on them.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
If it was just 5 games i wouldn't either...but he has 4 goals and 8 points in the playoffs ever. 31 games. 1 goal in his last 14 playoff games. His speed is nothing if he can't finish and in the playoffs...he can't.

Reactions: TaLoN

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
On the upside I think Zucker just got a little more cheaper to sign. Assuming he's not going to be on the trade block. Big fan but his playoff trend is troubling.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
wish we had a stat to show who scored against the top 15/16 out of the playoffs teams in the regular season...don't know where zucks would fit in but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad