Jason Robertson or Paul Kariya: First three seasons

The better player in their first 3 seasons?

• Robertson

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Kariya

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • Even

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will decide at the end of this season

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Safe to say that Robertson is going to hit 50 goals, 100+ pts this year, the guy is on a tear right now.

Paul Kariya also hugely benefited by having the amazing chemistry with Selanne. Selanne as a Duck is a far better player than Hintz and Pavelski.

First 3 seasons:
Jason Robertson: 81G, 84A, 165PTS in 150GP...and counting since the season isn't over.
Paul Kariya: 112G, 134A, 246PTS in 198GP.

Capture3.jpg

Capture4.jpg

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
That comparison is unexpected. I don't see it.

Oh, wait...

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Likely Kariya. Robertson maybe had a bit better rookie year, though Kariya had no support. Kariya had a much better second year though and it’s still tbd where Robertson stacks up this year, but Kariya was 2nd in Hart voting and 4th in points per game (behind Lemieux, Jagr and Lindros) in his 3rd season, so even with his start, I’m not sure if Robertson is any better.

Reactions: Voight and surixon

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Kariya for me up to today, but Robertson's having himself a pretty special season. I can't remember the last time a player started the season with 23 goals in his first 25 games. In this comparison of their first three seasons though Kariya was putting his numbers up a year younger than Robertson and doing it under tougher rules. It's definitely an interesting comparison that'll be fun to look back at when the season is over.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
OP should have too explain the comparison between both players, clearly he hasnt seen either play

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Robertson has been great and he very well could be a Hart finalist in his third full season like Kariya was, but it’s Kariya for sure.

I know there’s a vocal minority here who thinks that he and any 90s superstar are overrated at this point and that childhood nostalgia is clouding some opinions, but Kariya was something else. He’s also a great example of being better than just raw totals show. Plus, since era adjusted stats are so popular around here, his numbers were pretty damn good.

Again, I’m following Robertson intently whenever I don’t have my McDavid cape fastened on, but I don’t think this becomes an appropriate question until we see how the remaining 2/3rds of this season play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce