Not open for further replies.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
JohnnyChoice said:
career ahler?

Nope.

The kid has won himself a place in the line-up, and it will be very difficult to find a way for both Pyatt and Dumont when they come back.

He's got 8 pts in 11 games, and is even.

He's been bounced around the line-up, due to injuries, but mostly playing on the 4th line with Gaustad and Mair, giving that line some offensive punch.

He's been playing the point on the PP (second unit) and been doing a lot of penalty killing. Almost had himself a shorty vs the Pens too, before he got the PP goal.

As far as offensive talent is concerned, he's probably gonna be a border-line top-6 guy. But the ability to play on the PK and on the point on PP will keep him in the NHL, IMO.

Probably a 20+20 guy, reliable defensively potentially. I could live with that.

Choice

Nov 21, 2004
nyc
Corto said:
Nope.

The kid has won himself a place in the line-up, and it will be very difficult to find a way for both Pyatt and Dumont when they come back.

He's got 8 pts in 11 games, and is even.

He's been bounced around the line-up, due to injuries, but mostly playing on the 4th line with Gaustad and Mair, giving that line some offensive punch.

He's been playing the point on the PP (second unit) and been doing a lot of penalty killing. Almost had himself a shorty vs the Pens too, before he got the PP goal.

As far as offensive talent is concerned, he's probably gonna be a border-line top-6 guy. But the ability to play on the PK and on the point on PP will keep him in the NHL, IMO.

Probably a 20+20 guy, reliable defensively potentially. I could live with that.

I've never seen him play in the NHL. I've seen him play in the AHL and struck me as the type of guy who can put up big numbers on that level but wouldnt do it in the nhl. and not physical enough to be a 3rd or 4th liner.

maybe hes one of these guys that thrives in the new nhl but i didnt think he was anything so specil.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well in Pominville's defence, he has put up big numbers at every single level he has played at. And not just good numbers, top notch numbers. Even in his short stint in Buffalo he has done it, and with limited icetime and linemates. Put him on a line with some offensive talent and let's see what he can really do. Definitely not a career AHLer.

ManuelCalavera

La-La-La-Locked Out
Apr 7, 2003
Rochester, NY
Visit site
Kritty said:
Well in Pominville's defence, he has put up big numbers at every single level he has played at. And not just good numbers, top notch numbers. Even in his short stint in Buffalo he has done it, and with limited icetime and linemates. Put him on a line with some offensive talent and let's see what he can really do. Definitely not a career AHLer.

Since Briere has been injured, Pominville has been playing with Connolly and Kotalik. That is some decent talent, and he has played well. He plays very hard most shifts. He has a great shot and is able to outwork a lot of opposition D in the corners... Overall, he's been a welcome addition to the Sabres.

Jim Boeheim

Sep 20, 2005
Rochester
I've seen him play many games in Rochester and I'll admit it.... I thought he'd be a career AHL'er. I'm ECSTATIC that he's proving me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad