Jason Gregoire

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Might be a solid pickup in this years draft. Here's a little background.

Position: F/LW
Team: Lincoln Stars (USHL)
Height/Weight: 5'11''/175lbs
Born: 02/24/89, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Stats: Yr - GP - G - A - PTS - PIM - Team - League - (Playoff Stats)
05-06 57 - 22 - 28 - 50 - 46 - Winnipeg South Blues - MJHL - (14gp/12g/11a/23pts)
06-07 27 - 15 - 19 - 34 - 10 - Lincoln Stars - USHL - **current season as of April/07

Notes:
* Was one of two MJHL players on the NHL Central Scouting 'Future Watch' list for spring 2006.
* Named to 2006 MJHL All Star team
* Awarded as the 2006 Manitoba Junior Hockey League's Rookie of the Year.
* Played on Team Western for the U-17 team.
* Recently committed to Denver University (NCAA)

Last edited:

dell

Oct 5, 2005
I watch Gregoire play Friday night. Good player. I also thought Bradley Malone and Nick Dineen for Sioux Falls played very well. Worked well together, and created alot of chances. Malone is a big strong forward, and Dineen is one of the best two-way forwards I've seen this year.

CH Wizard

Where is he projected to go? And what type of player is he? Is he fast?

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
this kids stock is gonna sky-rocket, he has been scouted much but he just started playing in the USHL a little over a month ago. Scouts are gonna start to notice this kid and I would be shocked if this kid wasn't drafted in the 1st rnd.

5iveforfighting

Jul 4, 2002
Gregs missed a good portion of the season after recovering from surgery on his ankle. He's picked up right where he left off and has been a important player for the Lincoln Stars this yr.

nags

Sep 27, 2006
Gregs missed a good portion of the season after recovering from surgery on his ankle. He's picked up right where he left off and has been a important player for the Lincoln Stars this yr.

Looks like he is fully recovered. Best +/- on the team at +22 even though he has played only 17 games due to his injury.

Will be a force in the playoffs.

This kid is very talented and will be a great pickup in the later 1st or 2nd rounds since nobody is talking about him. He is a shade less talented than Toews who we all know is an exceptional hockey player.

Tried to get the North Dakota Fighting Sioux to pursue him a little harder. Unfortunately he went to DU. The Sioux are going to regret that they didn't get this guy.

CH Wizard

Looks like he is fully recovered. Best +/- on the team at +22 even though he has played only 17 games due to his injury.

This kid is very talented and will be a great pickup in the later 1st or 2nd rounds since nobody is talking about him. He is a shade less talented than Toews who we all know is an exceptional hockey player.

Tried to get the North Dakota Fighting Sioux to pursue him a little harder. Unfortunately he went to DU. The Sioux are going to regret that they didn't get this guy.

Thank you for the information...it'll be interesting to see where he'll be picked in draft.

Jori

Tried to get the North Dakota Fighting Sioux to pursue him a little harder. Fortunately, he went to DU. The Sioux are going to regret that they didn't get this guy.
Fixed :naughty:

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
The USHL prospects are pretty impressive for this year draft...I think it is one of the better year in terms of NHL potential in the history of this league...Players like Gregoire, Cohen, Palushaj, Paccioretty, Petrecki, Ryan, Tropp, Loverde, Kessel, Camper, Turnbull could all be picked in the first 3 rounds...

colman

Jul 7, 2006
James marcou will be another pick from the ushl he is on a tear 22pts last 11 games

mazmin

May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
The USHL prospects are pretty impressive for this year draft...I think it is one of the better year in terms of NHL potential in the history of this league...Players like Gregoire, Cohen, Palushaj, Paccioretty, Petrecki, Ryan, Tropp, Loverde, Kessel, Camper, Turnbull could all be picked in the first 3 rounds...

Ya, I agree. The USHL seems to have a lot of young players playing huge roles on their respective teams.

Along with Gregoire I can also see Cohen and Petrecki (no suprise) going in the 1st round.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

yeah phil kessel's brother. a year ago it was said he was a long shot to get drafted. how has he looked this season, since he is a potential 2-3 round pick??

colman

Jul 7, 2006
Are you sure it wasn't his brother Mike? He's 5-10. James may be 5-7 if that.

Marcou has gotten bigger and continues to put pts on the board is size will make him a late rd pick worth the shot now 8 in the USHL in scoring if he continues at this pace might even go a little higher .Look at Jay Barriball last season

Yeti

HFBoards Partner
Feb 19, 2005
www.lincolnstarsblog.com
Gregoire is a stud. I watch him every night he plays home games, and the kid can play both sides of the ice. Probably our best penalty killer, and he's a whiz with the puck on offense. Since he's come back from an injury, he's been playing amazing. Definitely one of our best overall players we have with the Stars. He's a bit small, but it doesn't affect his game. DU is getting a heck of a player. I would not be surprised to see him in the NHL some day. I can't say enough good things about him. He's fun to watch.

Walzy

and still no one mentions Nico Sacchetti :-/

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Or Patrick White...

:shakehead
Neither Sacchetti nor White played much in the USHL, though. Sacchetti didn't play at all and White only played a dozen games.

I'll toss in Brad Malone's name to the conversation. He didn't put up a ton of points but could blossom at North Dakota.

nags

Sep 27, 2006
I was hoping that rumor wasn't going to turn out to be true. Fantastic :shakehead

This is a much bigger deal than what most people think. Gregoire is flying under the radar because of the injuries he suffered last year.

If he had stayed healthy he might even be considered a late first round pick in the upcoming draft. UND is going to love this kid, not quite as good as Toews but pretty darn close and DU is going to be pretty pissed when he plays against them.

Just proves that UND has a huge recruiting advantage for guys located in southern Manitoba. Not too many scouts are looking in that area, which is a shame because it is producing some outstanding hockey players. The CHL is basically non-existent because it won't allow an expansion team into Winnipeg.

mazmin

May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Might be a solid pickup in this years draft. Here's a little background.

Position: F/LW
Team: Lincoln Stars (USHL)
Height/Weight: 5'11''/175lbs Many claim he is smaller
Born: 02/24/89, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Stats: Yr - GP - G - A - PTS - PIM - Team - League - (Playoff Stats)
05-06 57 - 22 - 28 - 50 - 46 - Winnipeg South Blues - MJHL - (14gp/12g/11a/23pts)
06-07 32 - 16 - 20 - 36 - 10 - Lincoln Stars - USHL - (4gp/4g/0a/4pts)

Notes:
* Was one of two MJHL players on the NHL Central Scouting 'Future Watch' list for spring 2006.
* Named to 2006 MJHL All Star team
* Awarded as the 2006 Manitoba Junior Hockey League's Rookie of the Year.
* Played on Team Western for the U-17 team.
* Recently committed to Denver University (NCAA) More recently joined the University of North Dakota as he never signed a letter of intent with Denver

Updated and edited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad