Jarrko Ruutu Responds to his hit on Jagr in his Olympic Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Dolemite said:
From what I've been reading, the soul sucking is put on hold for the Break.

I swear he's some kind of vampire/monster. That smile of his isn't human..... :amazed:

StealingSociety

Feb 20, 2006
Wow he roomed with Nieminen? I wonder what was the convo there. Anyway, you guys don't know how shocked I am that Ruutu said that he felt the hit was clean. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I Hate You All*

Dolemite said:
...on hold for the Break.
At first, when I scrolled down with the little scroll button on my mouse, I thought that said Belak.
On hold for Belak.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Bure Fan said:
At first, when I scrolled down with the little scroll button on my mouse, I thought that said Belak.
On hold for Belak.

Same. :biglaugh:

Quite confusing for a second.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
...and here we go again.

The hit was clean, just get over it. It just looked bad when a star gets smashed by agitator. Vice versa it wouldn't be a news!

btw the blog is Canucks'

Nieminen's comments were too that it was clean. He also said Jagr would'nt never put his head down like that in the NHL and said the Jofa helmet is a joke. Jagr changed the helmet afterwards and haven't commented about "how dirty" hit it was cos he knows himself the truth.

You guys just can't handle the truth! ;)

(keep ya head up)

Coffee and 7's*

Ruutu is the best player of his kind. He does nothing wrong. Maybe he is abusing how bad referees really are sometimes but thats ok since it helps his team to win games. And thats what its all about? people who really think Ruutu is out there trying to hurt people is just Pejorative Slured...he is just playing the game.

And that was a clean hit on Jagr if there ever was one.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
dakdak said:
Ruutu is the best player of his kind. He does nothing wrong. Maybe he is abusing how bad referees really are sometimes but thats ok since it helps his team to win games. And thats what its all about? people who really think Ruutu is out there trying to hurt people is just Pejorative Slured...he is just playing the game.

And that was a clean hit on Jagr if there ever was one.

You are right. The thing is....so many people cant look past the persona, the character, and judge individual incidents for what they are.

Yes, Ruutu is a pest who abuses the rules at times. He is a dirty, gritty player at times.

But none of that makes the Jagr hit any more illegal or dirty. Even if he was Adolf Hitler, the hit was clean. Yeah, I know it is somehow hard to look past the character you hate, but....you have to do that to stay credible.

For example...

I absolutely HATE Jim Carrey's face twisting movies like Mask and cable guy and liar liar and ace ventura...I thought the moron would never be able to make a single good movie. But then he starred in Truman show, Man on the moon and Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, which were all very good movies, the last one brilliant. I still dont like the actor and his standard facial expression/stupid voice ridden comedy, but he CAN do something else too. Of course this is a bit off topic, it's just an example of how to look past your prejudice and judge every action equally.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Oh please, if it were any other player on the receiving end instead of Jagr, people would be jumping for joy over that hit.

heatley15

HockeyCritter said:
Oh please, if it were any other player on the receiving end instead of Jagr, people would be jumping for joy over that hit.

I could care less who got hit(Jagr's not gonna hurt my teams chances of winning or losing, i dont even really like Jagr), its that Ruutu is known for crap like that.

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
I think part of what made that hit so bad was the the dasher in the olympic rinks looked higher to me - Jagr bends like that in an NHL rink, his head is not even with the dasher line and he doesn't get as hurt I bet. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad