Jaroslav halak most underated goalie prospect

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I hope he gets out of Montreal's log jam of goalies. I think he will be a better fit somewhere else because its most likely Price's team in the future

While Price has NEVER impressed me much, Halak continues to do so whenever I get a chance to watch a game or check some highlites of his. If the Habs are smart, and Gainey is a smart GM, than they will let the two battle. I doubt Price is automatically given the reigns unless he clearly outperforms Halak. Price is still a great trade chip if Halak is clearly superior in a few years.

henri2014

Jul 30, 2005
For sure abby is gone by next season, traded or UFA, hopfully traded.
Danis is not signed for next year, i think bob might wanna look for a cheap experience 2nd goalie, but i hope he signs danis, let him and halak fight for the spot of 2nd. He must put some trust in his youngsters, for sure one of Halak, Danis or Price could do the job has backup next year. Danis alrdy showed what he could do last year. If halak continues like that he might suprise everybody and be in the nhl alot sooner then anyone could have imagine.

BTW anyone has news about Heino-Lindberg?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
As we can see this season, Mike Komisarek deserved every hype he has gotten in the past years, if we throws aside every ridiculous hype (Scott Stevens...) he got.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
The guy is now 6-3-0 1,49gaa 952sv% and 3shutout great puckhandler and some how probably dont get the credit he deserve. Not bad for a 9rd pick

this guy is gonna be a stud. maybe HOF worthy one day.

by the way, what is "9rd"? :D

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Halak made 32 saves for a 3-0 win over Milwaukee tonight, 4th shut-out in 10 starts.

Last edited:

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Huet made 32 saves for a 3-0 win over Milwaukee tonight, 4th shut-out in 10 starts.

No, Huet made a 36 saves shutout for a win against Florida tonight; Halak made this 32 saves shut-out against Milwaukee. ;)

Artyukhin*

No, Huet made a 36 saves shutout for a win against Florida tonight; Halak made this 32 saves shut-out against Milwaukee. ;)

this tandem is goona wreck havoc on the entire nhl and cause for the implantation of bigger nets :)

Huet and Halak for the next 5 year in montreal spells the long road for Price :)

Skyblaze

Aug 17, 2006
Montreal
A huge boon to Halak's development was the lockout. Melanson spent a LOT of time down in Lewiston to work on Halak's game during that year.

In Melanson's words, Halak is a sponge; extremely quick learner that had good raw abilities which could be molded to make a really good goalie out of him.

Looks like Rollie's project is working again.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
A huge boon to Halak's development was the lockout. Melanson spent a LOT of time down in Lewiston to work on Halak's game during that year.

In Melanson's words, Halak is a sponge; extremely quick learner that had good raw abilities which could be molded to make a really good goalie out of him.

Looks like Rollie's project is working again.

i'm really happy to hear that if that's what Melançon, i heard him talking during the training camp with my 2 cousins about Price aswell, he was explaining to some media guys how much time he will have to work with Price before him becoming a n.1 goalie cause he had every aspect of the goalie game( good glove side, stick handler, rebound control, quick reflexes...) to be an all-star but was very raw and still has a weak technique witch makes him look inconsistent at times, he said it will be fun years in front of him. To that we still have Yan Dannis who didn't look out of place with the team last year either, somewhat a Mathieu Garon type

CH Wizard

Jaroslav Halak?

What do you think about him? He's on fire and has been named Ahl player of the month. He was a 9th round pick mind you!! Is he really good enough to be a #1 goaltender? He has 4 so's in 10 games , it's unreal and Hamilton is so-so defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->