Jarome Iginla's turn to appologize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanuthier*

Vlad The Impaler said:
Well, maybe he should have taken a smarter position initially. That way, he wouldn't need to apologize like the dumb**** he is.
I agree wtih Vladdy on this one.

As much as I love Iginla as a player, I really wish he would have kept his mouth shut during this lockout. The rhetoric nonsense looks bad on them, espcially when they flip flop.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Lol!

Newsguyone said:
What, you think because the owners have won that they are right?

They didn't win because they were right. They won because they had the power position and because they stuck to their guns.

That doesn't mean the league NEEDS a salary cap.

It means the owners outlasted the players.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

"This league dosnt need a salary cap!"

Ahh... yes it does.

The owners were and are right about that.

A Good Flying Bird*

AM said:
"This league dosnt need a salary cap!"

Ahh... yes it does.

The owners were and are right about that.

Whatever. Two people are entitled to different opinions. There's not much point in arguing about.
It doesn't change my point, which is this: Winning the lockout doesn't prove the owners were right. it just proves they won the lockout.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Newsguyone said:
Whatever. Two people are entitled to different opinions. There's not much point in arguing about.
It doesn't change my point, which is this: Winning the lockout doesn't prove the owners were right. it just proves they won the lockout.

Old system: owners collectively lost money while players got 3/4 revenue

New system: owners achieve cost certainty, players get over 1/2 revenue - profit still not guaranteed.

Owners were right, contrary to the apparently widely held belief that anyone stupid enough to buy a hockey team deserves to lose money to keep up with the big boys willing to operate at a loss and drive salaries up exponentially each year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->