Jarome Iginla's Hunt For Lord Stanley

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
that's why I put just prior to in brackets :laugh: it's never come out for sure when he got hurt, but that makes the most sense.

Right, I missed that, those deceptive brackets lol.

But I do recall that play, pretty sure as you mentioned, Iggy dropped em' with Allen after the hit because he was angry about the play.

Anyways, any player can get hurt when fighting or any play for that matter. Overall Iggy has shown to be durable in all aspects of the game, I would think he's going to try and drop the gloves against Rinaldo again. He's won far more than he's lost, he's a proud guy and you know he's not happy about being knocked down by a punch and having it plastered all the highlights.

Should be a really good game, Philly has been shutout their last 2 contests so they will be hungry as the season comes to a close.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I'm almost positive it will happen. Iggy is a proud guy, you could tell he still wanted to go after him when he got knocked down, he has no quit in him and I think he'll want redemption, plus he's just super competitive.

Don't worry about him getting hurt, he broke his hand like 8 years getting in a fight with Guerin, he's never been hurt fighting since but the media always loves to bring that up.

Nah, I'm not even worried about him getting hurt fighting. I'm sure you lot all remember "The Finger" after his fight with Kesler in December (in fact, I'm sure Flames fans really loved that one :laugh: ) reset that bad boy, shoot it up with a little numbing agent and he was right back on the ice.

As far as his always-running motor, that's been the biggest boon to Boston's first line. Lucic and especially Krejci can be prone to "floating" at times during the regular season, and I haven't seen much of that at all this season. I attribute that in large part to having Iginla on that line with them. Even when he started slowly (as is his MO) I never saw him float. He was always involved in the play in one way or another, even if it didn't register on the scoresheet. He really made that line complete and made those two guys even better.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
^^^ That is perhaps one of Iginla's best qualities and has been throughout his career, making his linemates better. Everyone who played on his line here, usually had career highs. He's a great scorer and actually an underrated passer. I'm really happy for him that he's doing so well for you guys.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
You love a captain or star that can drop the gloves and has that physical game to him. He'll do anything to win. Can say how much I want to see Iggy raise the cuo in June.

P.S, Son of Marshmont, you have the best siganture.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
^^^ That is perhaps one of Iginla's best qualities and has been throughout his career, making his linemates better. Everyone who played on his line here, usually had career highs. He's a great scorer and actually an underrated passer. I'm really happy for him that he's doing so well for you guys.

I was one of those legitimately jilted (tho I understood the reasoning behind it) when he went to PIT because there was just something about his overall game that fit with what I know to be Bruins hockey. The scoring and playmaking I think everyone knows about. It's his ability to buy into the team concept and use those skills to the benefit of everyone he plays with that makes him a leader and a sure fire HOFer. It's ridiculously easy to see why he was loved in Calgary.

You love a captain or star that can drop the gloves and has that physical game to him. He'll do anything to win. Can say how much I want to see Iggy raise the cuo in June.

P.S, Son of Marshmont, you have the best siganture.

Heh, thanks. It applies to everything; hockey, work, kids, men and women, life. I live by that signature. :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I was one of those legitimately jilted (tho I understood the reasoning behind it) when he went to PIT because there was just something about his overall game that fit with what I know to be Bruins hockey. The scoring and playmaking I think everyone knows about. It's his ability to buy into the team concept and use those skills to the benefit of everyone he plays with that makes him a leader and a sure fire HOFer. It's ridiculously easy to see why he was loved in Calgary.

They don't make players like Iggy anymore (well maybe Gio :laugh: ). But he is in a class of his own, he is the most humble and modest man, yet he is a ferocious competitor when he steps on the ice. I think the majority of hockey fans in Calgary will all be pulling for him to win the Cup. No one currently playing in the NHL deserves it more IMO.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
They don't make players like Iggy anymore (well maybe Gio :laugh: ). But he is in a class of his own, he is the most humble and modest man, yet he is a ferocious competitor when he steps on the ice. I think the majority of hockey fans in Calgary will all be pulling for him to win the Cup. No one currently playing in the NHL deserves it more IMO.

When did the conversation switch to Backlund?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad