Jarome Iginla's Hunt For Lord Stanley

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Julien said yesterday he would've played if it was a playoff game. They've got the luxury of getting guys with little nagging injuries a couple days off to keep nagging injuries from becoming big injuries. Haven't heard yet if he'll get the night off against Toronto, but I'm not feeling all that concerned about it.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Julien said yesterday he would've played if it was a playoff game. They've got the luxury of getting guys with little nagging injuries a couple days off to keep nagging injuries from becoming big injuries. Haven't heard yet if he'll get the night off against Toronto, but I'm not feeling all that concerned about it.

Yeah from the description, it sounded like just a maintenance day to me. Which isn't a bad thing considering the B's have not just clinched a playoff spot, but have home ice advantage too.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Iginla back in for BOS, Soderberg out (back home for birth of child), Kelly moves into 3rd line C, Caron in as 3rd line LW. BOS @ TOR on TSN

Yup. 'Twas just a maintenance day. Nothing to see here.

You'll have to forgive the angst of Boston fans. Despite the team playing well, some just have to default to finding something to kvetch and panic about, despite Iginla's track record of being in incredible shape. There's some truth to the spoiled Boston fan thing. :(

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Iginla back in for BOS, Soderberg out (back home for birth of child), Kelly moves into 3rd line C, Caron in as 3rd line LW. BOS @ TOR on TSN

Yup. 'Twas just a maintenance day. Nothing to see here.

You'll have to forgive the angst of Boston fans. Despite the team playing well, some just have to default to finding something to kvetch and panic about, despite Iginla's track record of being in incredible shape. There's some truth to the spoiled Boston fan thing. :(

Such a different atmosphere from our last playoff run. I remember how it was being a Flames fan:

1) WTF we beat the Canucks?
2) WTF lmao we beat the Wings?!
3) WTF we beat the Sharks too?
4) WTF that puck was in!
5) WTF we didn't win?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Such a different atmosphere from our last playoff run. I remember how it was being a Flames fan:

4) WTF that puck was in!
5) WTF we didn't win?

That was exactly it. I was at the first playoff game in here Calgary after the seven-year drought, the atmosphere was unbelievable!

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

4) WTF that puck was in!
5) WTF we didn't win?

Yeah, it's kinda odd. I'm originally from Minnesota and moved here for college, so while I've enjoyed the recent riches of winning, I remember full well what it's like to have a team that sucks.

Heck, I remember what it's like to have your favorite NHL team leave for a place where they have to make ice. :(

Anyhow, pretty quiet night for Iginla....2 SOG. Mostly Lucic making the noise on that line, but I didn't see Jarome appear hampered in any way.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We'll find out Saturday....Hosting Philly at the Garden at 1pm.

I'm almost positive it will happen. Iggy is a proud guy, you could tell he still wanted to go after him when he got knocked down, he has no quit in him and I think he'll want redemption, plus he's just super competitive.

Don't worry about him getting hurt, he broke his hand like 8 years getting in a fight with Guerin, he's never been hurt fighting since but the media always loves to bring that up.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
When Iggy wins the Cup this June I'll be buying a Bruins #12 jersey. Anyone else?

When I was in Boston back in February I was at the Garden waiting for a train to Salem, and decided to check out their version of Fan-attic and saw a Bruins Iginla hoodie. I almost bought it, but had to run to catch my train.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm almost positive it will happen. Iggy is a proud guy, you could tell he still wanted to go after him when he got knocked down, he has no quit in him and I think he'll want redemption, plus he's just super competitive.

Don't worry about him getting hurt, he broke his hand like 8 years getting in a fight with Guerin, he's never been hurt fighting since but the media always loves to bring that up.
In 06-07 he hurt his knee in (or just prior to) a fight against Bryan Allen too

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Didn't he also break his hand fighting Souray too? I remember Souray getting hurt in the fight. And the BoA game prior to that fight hahaha
No Souray broke his hand in the fight, then had infection problems and for a minute he thought he was going to need it amputated :sarcasm:. Iginla hurt him twice in 2 years or something.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
In 06-07 he hurt his knee in (or just prior to) a fight against Bryan Allen too

I remember that to, I could absolutely be wrong, but wasn't that injury a result of Allen checking him into the boards? I remember watching the game and being choked because I think Allen got him with a questionable check. He missed about a month and had to wear a brace when he came back. If he wouldn't of got hurt that year, he surely would of cracked 100 points.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
No Souray broke his hand in the fight, then had infection problems and for a minute he thought he was going to need it amputated :sarcasm:. Iginla hurt him twice in 2 years or something.

Oh yeah, that's right. It was Souray with the broken hand. Yeah, Iggy and Souray were racing down for the icing and got injured in the fall and he blamed Iggy on that and when he came back from injury he fought Iggy only to get injured again haha

Souray's initial injury is what led to Pat Quinn's "in the old days you'd get a hit over the head with a stick" comment :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I remember that to, I could absolutely be wrong, but wasn't that injury a result of Allen checking him into the boards? I remember watching the game and being choked because I think Allen got him with a questionable check. He missed about a month and had to wear a brace when he came back. If he wouldn't of got hurt that year, he surely would of cracked 100 points.
that's why I put just prior to in brackets :laugh: it's never come out for sure when he got hurt, but that makes the most sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad