Jarome Iginla's Hunt For Lord Stanley

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Calculon suggested we make a thread for Iggy's exploits in Pittsburgh (so Flames fans can follow a little easier), I figured I would just make one for his exploits outside of Calgary in general, if he signs elsewhere in the offseason, etc.. (hopefully it's alright as its own thread)​

Iginla & The Pittsburgh Penguins​
IginlaJarome_1.png

Read today that Iginla's debut with the Pens might be pushed back until Tuesday, hopefully not, not exactly sure when he will arrive and put the jersey on, etc, but will definitely have to get some interviews up and pictures..​

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
If indeed it does get pushed till Tuesday, his Penguins debut will take place against former teammate Robyn Regehr and the Buffalo Sabres.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Ill definitely be following Iggy for the rest of the season and the playoffs. I hope he's in on saturday im really curious to see how he'll fit in on that line-up.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Hoping he makes his debut soon, so I can watch him and the Pens. It'll be weird seeing him in another uniform to say the least.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
TSN:
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said the team hopes to have an update on Jarome Iginla's immigration status at some point Friday afternoon.

@markhmasters: Dan Bylsma asked if the immigration officials slowing the Iginla process were based in Boston: 'Possibly,' he said with a chuckle

@markhmasters: Crosby & Iginla have exchanged text msgs; Pens captain says, 'He seems really excited to be hear'

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Penguins fan here - I would be shocked if Iginla is playing tomorrow. Considering he's traveling across three time zones, and it is a 1 PM est game against the Islanders, he'd probably be too tired to play. I'd expect him to play on Tuesday against Buffalo.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'm hoping for tomorrow as well since I'll be missing the game if it's on Tuesday.

They're supposedly going to start Iginla on Malkin wing but will move him up to Crosby's line depending on how Dupuis looks.

Its gona be intersting to see. A PP of:

Iginla-Crosby-Neal
Letang-Malkin

would be absolutely deadly

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Its gona be intersting to see. A PP of:

Iginla-Crosby-Neal
Letang-Malkin

would be absolutely deadly

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Martin instead of Letang. I know Letang is the Norris trophy candidate, but Paul Martin knows how to run a PP from the point and makes better passes.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Not sure if its funny or sad that even if he plays on their 3rd line, he'll still have a better center than anyone we have :laugh: :cry:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So they're gonna try Iginla on the LW with Malkin and Neal. Innnnnteresting.

To start. Bylsma said as much. But also said at some point Sid would be playing with him. I hope that's where he settles eventually. On Crosby' s line.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Sounds like Martin and Letang are both out. The penguins will be hurting on D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->