Jarkko Immonen Signs With Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Prucha and Immonen could start on the top 2 lines. The rest, other than Holt, could make brief debuts.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Lundy could win the starting job, Sather says its a competition with everyone.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
X-SHARKIE said:
Lundqvist could be a savior and be the starter by mid season in goal. But do you guys see Jessiman playing this yar? Barnaka? Dawes? ect.

Who is going to get the ice time?
I can see 9 rookies starting in NY this season:

Lundqvist, Tyutin, Kondratiev, Prucha, Immonen, Murray, Moore, Balej and Lampman

I doubt Jessiman will be ready, Dawes and Baranka are doubtful as well

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lundqvist win the job out of training camp

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I imagine you'll see guys like Jessiman, Dawes, Baranka, etc, get a callup or so during the season, but probably won't start

modestfwd

May 17, 2004
NYRangers said:
Prucha and Immonen could start on the top 2 lines. The rest, other than Holt, could make brief debuts.

Prucha probably isn't going to start on the top 2 lines. Sorry, but from all the UNBIASED scouting reports I've read, his game is all energy. Yes, he has some good hands, but its 85% likely he isn't going to be a 20-30 goal scorer. But he will create a ton of chances with his hard work. And he's going to keep a ton of goals from going in, sort of like Ortmeyer.

And Holt has as much of a chance as anyone else to make a brief debut on Broadway. According to many, he was outplaying Montoya at last years WJC camp. Of course they had to have Montoya back, and they wanted someone who would be back from the next year to backup, so Holt was barely considered, even though he was good enough. Also, didn't he have a better season then Montoya last season? I think he's closer to the NHL than Montoya, of course his upside isn't as high.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Prucha probably isn't going to start on the top 2 lines. Sorry, but from all the UNBIASED scouting reports I've read, his game is all energy. Yes, he has some good hands, but its 85% likely he isn't going to be a 20-30 goal scorer. But he will create a ton of chances with his hard work. And he's going to keep a ton of goals from going in, sort of like Ortmeyer.

Prucha's more talented than Ortmeyer, and has 2nd line upside, but yeah hasn't shown to be a natural goalscorer. i wouldn't put him on the 1st line like some people have but i don't think it'd be the end of the world if he was on the 2nd line. idealy though, he'd start on the 3rd line

And Holt has as much of a chance as anyone else to make a brief debut on Broadway. According to many, he was outplaying Montoya at last years WJC camp. Of course they had to have Montoya back, and they wanted someone who would be back from the next year to backup, so Holt was barely considered, even though he was good enough. Also, didn't he have a better season then Montoya last season? I think he's closer to the NHL than Montoya, of course his upside isn't as high.

I think Oilers Chick would disagree with you on that...we had a discussion about the Rangers signing Holt and she was pretty against the move. Also, I don't remember seeing anyone say that Holt outperformed Montoya at the WJC camp...but I do know going straight on numbers, both of them outperformed Schnieder, but he still got to go to the WJC. in short, i don't agree with your assesment of holt and montoya...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad