Injury Report: Jared Spurgeon (Partial Hamstring Tear, Out at least 4 weeks)

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
With the remaining schedule being what it is this is the last thing the Wild needed. Will not be shocked one bit if they end up 6th in the Central.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oohboy...not good. Only way this isn't a disaster is if Murphy comes and plays decently.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
I thought Murphy did a good job the last time he was called up. If the Wild can get points in 2 of the next 3 games they should be ok. They're getting a 4 day break from action after Monday's game with LA. Maybe Dubnyk can use that time to find his game.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Interested to see if Brodin - Murphy can look like a functional pair again. I have mixed feelings about Suter - Dumba, but they've had some very good games together this year.

Glad to see Mitchell coming up. He really cannot be worse than Ennis.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Mitchell is by no means a beast , but he is bigger than Ennis. If we can get a player like Fontaine was back when he was good it would be a plus. Smart, some speed and skill, decent both ways.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah...there are no roster limits I don't think? Only restrictions are the amount of call-ups you can make from the AHL. Again, I think that's correct...not certain.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Great.
Only way this isn't a disaster is, when we meet Winnipeg and they still have some major injuries, too

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
So we called up two guys, do we still have room to sign Greenway next week if BU doesn't make the tournament?

Yeah. The contract limit is 50 NHL contracts, and both Mitchell and Murphy were on those already anyway, so they were already counted into that 50. Once the playoff deadline hits you can have as many players called up as you want, as long as (and this is the part I'm only 90% sure of) the cap allows it.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It was brought up in the recent GDT asking where Spurgeon plays if/when he comes back for the Playoffs.

I'm guessing he starts off with Seeler and get PP time. He'll have been out for a month, and with it being a lower body muscle tear the only way for it to heal is rest.

If it was a broken hand (like Brodin) but could still keep his legs, I'd say he would start out paired with Brodin.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It was brought up in the recent GDT asking where Spurgeon plays if/when he comes back for the Playoffs.

I'm guessing he starts off with Seeler and get PP time. He'll have been out for a month, and with it being a lower body muscle tear the only way for it to heal is rest.

If it was a broken hand (like Brodin) but could still keep his legs, I'd say he would start out paired with Brodin.

He'll be back with Suter within a period.

Reactions: BagHead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->