Jared Bednar & Co. Discussion Thread

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Roy got a four year deal with an option for a fifth.

There were rumors he was willing to leave Quebec for the Avs in 2009 for $2M x 4 but the team turned it down. Similar rumors that he got in the $2M per range when he signed on as Head Coach/VP in 2013.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think Roy got more per season because his salary wasn't guaranteed like other coaches. Maybe someone can back me up.

I don't know if that's why he got the salary he got, but it's true his salary wasn't guaranteed. If either side decided to part ways he wouldn't have been paid for the remaining years. That's why I think he got a 4 year term instead of the typical 3 year deal for a rookie head coach.

I think a big part of why he got paid what he did was he agreed to help get butts back in the seats at the Pepsi Center, and he did a lot of off ice work in his VP role. Especially his first year. He basically never stopped working for the team.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I don't know if that's why he got the salary he got, but it's true his salary wasn't guaranteed. If either side decided to part ways he wouldn't have been paid for the remaining years. That's why I think he got a 4 year term instead of the typical 3 year deal for a rookie head coach.

I think a big part of why he got paid what he did was he agreed to help get butts back in the seats at the Pepsi Center, and he did a lot of off ice work in his VP role. Especially his first year. He basically never stopped working for the team.

Well, until he did...

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Congrats to Bednar. Just please don't follow your predecessors. Let's remember what happened to Sacco and Roy after they were nominated and in Roy's case won the Adams.
Like your post and seriously, there is a huge list of Adam's winners who suck. But I just have feeling that Bednar got the right team at the right time. I actually expect several players to have lower numbers next seasons but I also expect a big FA signing and progression from the D. Not sure if that puts us in the playoffs next season but I hope and expect that it makes us tougher to play against.

Reactions: the_fan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Craig Button liked this tweet so it appeared on my feed

Playfair is now with the Yotes

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Like your post and seriously, there is a huge list of Adam's winners who suck. But I just have feeling that Bednar got the right team at the right time. I actually expect several players to have lower numbers next seasons but I also expect a big FA signing and progression from the D. Not sure if that puts us in the playoffs next season but I hope and expect that it makes us tougher to play against.

Actually I think if you look at runners up, it's a much better list. Hes probably not going to win it lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad