Jannik Hansen's potential ?

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Sounds about right. I'd say closer to a 25 goal guy in a few years. I don't see a huge upside but it was really obvious he was too good for junior his one year in Portland.

vincetheprince

Mar 28, 2007
You can definetly say he was a steal..9th round 287th overall, fifth last pick. I think he will be a 20 g 40 a player who will play on the second line for a few years.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Hansen is a decent but solid prospect who is one of those guys that I would call as close as possible to a "sure-thing" in the regard that he's the type of player who will stick in the show no matter what because of his versatility and surprising grit. The question will be how big of a role he's going to play. I think he has the potential to be a 20 goal, 40 assist type player. I expect him to be far more of a playmaker than a goal scorer at the NHL level - he's certainly shown good vision in the post-season.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
well i don't know what you see in this guy, but after those first round games against in Dallas i saw a 1-1 copy from the Stars' Chris Conner.

do you really think he has that upside to be a 60 point player ? :huh:

Last time I checked, Hansen isn't 5'8, 175lbs, 24 years old and played in NA for 5 years, but rather a 6'1, 201lbs, 21 year old that is just in his second year of playing in NA, after jumping over from the obscure sub-ECHL level league they call the Danish Men's League.

Age and size isn't everything, but given the rate of development he's been growing at, he definitely has potential. I'm hesitant myself to say potential 60pointer in his prime, but a great 3rd liner that can get 30-50 points is more in line with what I expect.

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
I like what I've seen so far. As one poster stated, he'll far surpass his draft position. I'm not sure I would put him as high as 60 points, I think 25/25 is closer to his potential. He's got some definite speed, grit, decent hands from what I can tell, and a fairly accurate shot insomuch that its always on net.

my two cents

steamtrain

Mar 12, 2006
West Coast
He certainly seems to like to shoot the puck, but I've been much more impressed with his vision and passing than his shots to the chest from the top of the circles off the rush.

I'm rather surprised by his physical game, if he can continue to show grit and a willingness to initiate contact, I don't think theres any question that he will be at least a good third liner, with 2nd line upside down the road.

As for the career AHL'er comment... Barring a great deal of regression in the off season, Hansen is pretty well guaranteed an NHL roster spot next year.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I've seen him play, he didn't do it for me.

1. That's not a 'fact'.
2. As the previous poster says, the coaching staff > you.
3. On this board, folks and scouts who have actually seen him play from Denmark, Portland, Manitoba, and Vancouver all agree that he'll make it in the bigs. An NHL dub scout called him the "Most NHL ready prospect in the dub that he's seen", just last year.
4. His overall play in the whole series.
5. If you even know anything about him and the development curve he's had, you wouldn't say that he's a career AHLer either.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
To judge his potential in 5 games?

He's a keeper. A good two-way player who wasn't scored against. A good forechecker from what I saw. Maybe he'll pot 10-20 goals next year.. but at least he won't bleed 40.

Faktisti*

i think its weird when people say that: ''he will be second-third liner when he gets old'' because u just cant know how could player can become. like even if ur drafted number 224th u can still become a superstar 'cause players can learn new skills at the older age or they can get a breakthrough. u just never know when player is only 15-18 or even if player is 24

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Last time I checked, Hansen isn't 5'8, 175lbs, 24 years old and played in NA for 5 years, but rather a 6'1, 201lbs, 21 year old that is just in his second year of playing in NA, after jumping over from the obscure sub-ECHL level league they call the Danish Men's League.

Age and size isn't everything, but given the rate of development he's been growing at, he definitely has potential. I'm hesitant myself to say potential 60pointer in his prime, but a great 3rd liner that can get 30-50 points is more in line with what I expect.

I'd agree with most of what you said, but I'd be extreamly suprised if Hansen was 201lbs. He looks fairly thin, so 175-180lbs seems more accurate. Like you said though he's only 21, so he has plenty of time to gain weight and strength.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad