Player Discussion Janmark and a potential extension

93Crazed101

Apr 27, 2017
Greater Dallas
Janmark has rebounded from his terrible injury very nicely and seems to have picked up where he left off on his rookie season. His contract expires at the end of this year. What would a potential contract look like? Would you lock him up long term with his injury history? Curious to what you think.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
I wouldn't lock him up long term. His knee is supposed to be monitored all the time and the injury can come back at any moment the longest i would probably go is 3 years and even that seems long with his condition. Maybe something like 2 years 2-2.5 mill.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I wouldn't lock him up long term. His knee is supposed to be monitored all the time and the injury can come back at any moment the longest i would probably go is 3 years and even that seems long with his condition. Maybe something like 2 years 2-2.5 mill.
I wouldn't be too worried about it. My guess is this is one of those injuries that would go to LTIR if it came up again, so you don't lose anything by giving him a longer deal. It seems like either he plays or he doesn't. This isn't the kind of risk where you have a guy sitting on the roster able to play but not performing well because he's in pain.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I could see him landing a 3 year deal maybe $2-$2.5 million per. Would have no problem giving him that much at all. Almost never has a bad game and is a brilliant all around player who works hard every shift and is extremely fast. And Yes, he has way more value to us than any other team would offer in trade

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think he's ever going to be a big scorer. His shot isn't that great and thats fine. He's plays fast ( somehow looks faster than before his knee injury ) , smart , is a good passer and defensive player and a hard worker .

15G-25 to 30A is the about the most i would expect out of Janmark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad