Injury Report: Jan Rutta

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Pokka has been recalled and Franson has gone to IR. So seems Rutta and Franson will be out Thursday

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Kempny must actually be sick. I wonder what is going on there.

Yeah, I'm curious as to what is going on with him if he's sick. It would make sense, as even last year Kempny slotted in every 4-5 games or so usually. So at least we know it's not Q just being a douchebag.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, I'm curious as to what is going on with him if he's sick. It would make sense, as even last year Kempny slotted in every 4-5 games or so usually. So at least we know it's not Q just being a *****ebag.

Laz said he is practicing but he has been listed as "illness" since the Nashville game if I remember correctly.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Kempny must actually be sick. I wonder what is going on there.
Have you read the Athletics most recent story? A good write up in there as to why Kempny has been a healthy scratch lately. I don't buy the illness thing.

Here is a paragraph at the end of the story, after it breaks down a couple of bad plays from Kempny.

As for Kempny, this isn’t the only example of plays like this. There have been two defensemen in recent memory that have had trouble reading basic plays. One was Rundblad and the other is now Kempny. On top of that, Kempny seems to make some lack of effort plays that tend to get him in trouble with Q. The last game he played Kempny was checked off of a puck and fell down and showed a severe lack of effort in getting back up and skating hard back into the play. The result was a 2-on-1 against Jordan Oesterle and a goal against. Kempny hasn’t gotten back into the lineup since.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Have you read the Athletics most recent story? A good write up in there as to why Kempny has been a healthy scratch lately. I don't buy the illness thing.

Here is a paragraph at the end of the story, after it breaks down a couple of bad plays from Kempny.

Not that I really think it is anything more than Q making shit roster choices but you can’t cite effort for Kempny then play Seabrook. I think effort is a brutal excuse in this situation because Kempny is the furthest thing from lazy.

To be clear, I am not saying you are the one citing this.

Reactions: ModryJazyk

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not that I really think it is anything more than Q making **** roster choices but you can’t cite effort for Kempny then play Seabrook. I think effort is a brutal excuse in this situation because Kempny is the furthest thing from lazy.
Nothing I see in Seabrooks game makes me think he isn't giving effort. He is slow, but he doesn't lack effort. You should read the article if you can. IMO, Kempny has always been overrated with many people here. He is nothing special, a decent depth Dman who isn't going to make much of a difference either way for any team, regardless of the coach.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Nothing I see in Seabrooks game makes me think he isn't giving effort. He is slow, but he doesn't lack effort. You should read the article if you can. IMO, Kempny has always been overrated with many people here. He is nothing special, a decent depth Dman who isn't going to make much of a difference either way for any team, regardless of the coach.

I disagree about Seabrook. He consistently takes the lazy angle to the puck and make lazy plays leaving the zone. It is not constant but it is there.

Kempny is a solid 5 damn who should be playing over Seabrook (although 7 has been better of late).

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The play when Seabrook didn't skate back and had to take a penalty against Buffalo was certainly lazy. Even Foley called him out on it.

Although it also lead to the Hawks tying the game with a shorty, so it was great leadership too. :sarcasm:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I disagree about Seabrook. He consistently takes the lazy angle to the puck and make lazy plays leaving the zone. It is not constant but it is there.

Kempny is a solid 5 damn who should be playing over Seabrook (although 7 has been better of late).
Consistently, no. It may look lazy, but I don't think it is. I just think he has trouble moving his feet at times. Seems as if his brain can't keep up to his feet.

Disagree about Kempny, he could sub in for Murphy on the left, or Franson/Oesterle, but that's about it.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Consistently, no. It may look lazy, but I don't think it is. I just think he has trouble moving his feet at times. Seems as if his brain can't keep up to his feet.

Disagree about Kempny, he could sub in for Murphy on the left, or Franson/Oesterle, but that's about it.
which this again brings up my pov on Seabs and his concuss problems. if he came back ok ???

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL

I don't disagree that he may be overrated, the problem is that we can't even find out since Q is doing anything and everything to avoid playing him. Even if he has shown laziness in a few plays, there is no reason go to such lengths as playing Franson/Oesterle ahead of him or forcing Murphy to his offside every game just to keep Kempny in the pressbox

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I don't disagree that he may be overrated, the problem is that we can't even find out since Q is doing anything and everything to avoid playing him. Even if he has shown laziness in a few plays, there is no reason go to such lengths as playing Franson/Oesterle ahead of him or forcing Murphy to his offside every game just to keep Kempny pressbox
this is Q's move to show SB that he is boss.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Q should worry more about our PP then showing Bowman who is boss. If he is doing something so stupid like that it is even further proof he needs to be retired.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Q should worry more about our PP then showing Bowman who is boss. If he is doing something so stupid like that it is even further proof he needs to be retired.
you made a very good point..... as i said or implied this is my opinion and without any inside info. i base this on the following, last yr draft day, Q walked out b/c of the trade of hammer, Q like older players vs younger player, which i am sure Sb would prefer that Q plays. while i am only posting 2 items, these 2 items keeps popping up but with different names of the past.

oops, except the walking out part. my bad.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Anyone have a gif or streamable of the hit that injured Rutta? I missed the first two periods of the Florida game yesterday

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't disagree that he may be overrated, the problem is that we can't even find out since Q is doing anything and everything to avoid playing him. Even if he has shown laziness in a few plays, there is no reason go to such lengths as playing Franson/Oesterle ahead of him or forcing Murphy to his offside every game just to keep Kempny in the pressbox
Murphy on his offside has been better than Kempny has. The Oesterle we have seen the last couple of games is also better than what Kempny has shown, but not sure how long that will last. I think Kempny should play ahead of Franson.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You're aware that Q is not going to show Bowman who is boss, right? Because... well... Bowman is Q's boss. Literally. :laugh:

If Q wants to "show Bowman he's boss", Q would quickly be shown the door.
and that is why Q will make the roster in any way he wants or play anyone he wants, regardless of what anyone in the org wants.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and that is why Q will make the roster in any way he wants or play anyone he wants, regardless of what anyone in the org wants.

:huh:

He'll make the lineup each night. Because that's the job of a coach. He won't make roster decisions. Ever. Why do you think he stormed out of the draft after Hammer was traded? Bowman does what he wants with the roster. Q works with what Bowman gives him to put together a nightly lineup. There is a huge difference between roster, and lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad