News Article: Jan. 2

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Can't remember Globe bashing Sox. They deserve all of it.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Glorious day for all the hockey hating media in Boston

You've got that right. This sets them back as a team and in the public eye. They could've captured the imagination of people who tuned in (especially those with kids) and reinforced a new generation of future fans who have bolstered the mystique of Bruins rather than the mistake that showed up.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Bruins deserve it.Every word.That was a brutal display.Don Sweeney though at least now knows what he is dealing with .Sellers.Think about future not present.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
You've got that right. This sets them back as a team and in the public eye. They could've captured the imagination of people who tuned in (especially those with kids) and reinforced a new generation of future fans who have bolstered the mystique of Bruins rather than the mistake that showed up.

This is so true. Out of all the games to not show up and play. I can handle a loss, but a loss with no passion, no fight, no heart at all. That's not the Bruins team that I know. This loss for me, is by far the most embarrassing, that I can remember in recent years.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
tough day for the B's in the media.

They deserve it. Injuries or not a lot of fans wasted a lot of money yesterday. It is just a regular season game, but it's a damn big one. To be humiliated like that in one of the most-watched hockey games of the year is embarrassing. To have almost every single player (2 or 3 excluded) show no passion or intensity is inexcusable, given the opposing team and the setting.

Hopefully it's a wake up call. Boston is a tough city to play in for all 4 of our major sports for this exact reason. If you're not playing at your best, you're going to hear about it.

Bruins deserve it.Every word.That was a brutal display.Don Sweeney though at least now knows what he is dealing with .Sellers.Think about future not present.

That's a little rash. Regardless of what I said above, it's one game. We've struggled a bit since Christmas but every team has losing streaks and blowouts. We' still have 3 games in hand against the Habs, yet we're only 3 points behind them. The standings are very close right now but with a few wins, we're back at the top of the division. We have a long time to go before we have to determine if we're buyers or sellers.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
And more:

Bruins moving the wrong way after Winter Classic thumping

The Bruins are sliding the other way. Injuries to critical components do not just rob their employer of their services. They elevate players who should be in lesser roles or out of the league altogether.

At best, Max Talbot is a fourth-liner. Talbot saw some third-line duty against Montreal. He got shredded. Talbot was on the ice for four goals against.

Frank Vatrano has been very good. But 33 games into his first pro season (23 with Boston, 10 with Providence), the East Longmeadow native has slammed into a wall. This is no surprise. It happens to most rookies.

This would be OK if the Bruins’ depth could shield players such as Talbot and Vatrano. But their depth is being tested. Alex Khokhlachev (6:01 of ice time against Montreal) submitted his semi-regular reminder that for now, he does not belong in the league. Seth Griffith (10:59) did not last long on the first line with Bergeron and Loui Eriksson. The Canadiens chewed up the Bruins’ third defense pairing of Joe Morrow and Kevan Miller.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ic-thumping/z9tFmVfQRM7k4GAz1Z37FL/story.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad