Jamie Oleksiak: Starting to deliver on his potential

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Has there been a reclamation project D the Pens haven't been able to salvage?

Niskanen, Daley, Schultz, Hainsey, Ruhwedel, Oleksiak is just latest in a line of any D with any wheels and potential whatsoever working out in that system.

Daley was never bad before going to Pitts. Niskanen was also good, but JN gave him away with Neal lol. Oleksiak hasn't impressed me, but that's just me. He cant think the game fast enough

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
IIRC one Pens fan got pretty overexcited about Oleksiak after a few games and called him Pens' Chara, he was brought back to Earth pretty quickly by other posters :laugh: Anyway, Oleksiak has been exactly what the Pens wanted and needed, and a bit more. Another great d-man acquired by trade by GMJR. Thanks Dallas (once again).

Cletus56

Nov 20, 2011
Austin
Cool. We gave up a 4th. He's already living up to that.

Why do people want Penguins fans to feel bad about this? We don't.

I am fine with it. I hope Oleksiak succeeds (continues to succeed) with Pens. I think most Stars fans are more frustrated with Oleksiak development and poor roster management (carrying 9 d-men at times). than the guy getting minutes in Pitt.

I do find it frustrating that some on this board believe that the Pens are this magical reclamation system that feeds off of Dallas . Quite honestly it is insulting to include Trevor Daley on your scoreboard of "fixer uppers".

For Niskanen, I don't know he got traded at a dark time for Dallas (bankruptcy), I think expectations for him real high when he was paired with Zubov (Thanks you!) and when Zubov was gone he regressed. Pens did a good job with him.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I am fine with it. I hope Oleksiak succeeds (continues to succeed) with Pens. I think most Stars fans are more frustrated with Oleksiak development and poor roster management (carrying 9 d-men at times). than the guy getting minutes in Pitt.

I do find it frustrating that some on this board believe that the Pens are this magical reclamation system that feeds off of Dallas . Quite honestly it is insulting to include Trevor Daley on your scoreboard of "fixer uppers".

For Niskanen, I don't know he got traded at a dark time for Dallas (bankruptcy), I think expectations for him real high when he was paired with Zubov (Thanks you!) and when Zubov was gone he regressed. Pens did a good job with him.

Yeah we have made trades with them in the past that have really worked out for them but any Pens fan who thinks they fixed Daley and he was a reclamation project simply doesnt watch hockey outside of Pittsburgh

Reactions: jballa95

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011

I also think that the more players that leave the Stars and then do well will eventually give the organization a wake up on how they are developing players and utilizing them. Nill already mentioned that he has to re-think his need to have prospects "overripe" in the AHL instead of be given mintues in the NHL. I'm happy to see Oleksiak and others do well

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Daley was never bad before going to Pitts. Niskanen was also good, but JN gave him away with Neal lol. Oleksiak hasn't impressed me, but that's just me. He cant think the game fast enough

Daley was bad enough that Chicago traded him for Scuderi's cadaver. Niskanen was seen as defensively incapable of handling more than bottom pairing minutes at the time he was traded.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

According to Blackhawks fans at the time of the trade, Daley was every bit as bad, if not worse, than Rob Scuderi. We never believed them, but that was the narrative at the time.

Whatever the Penguins fixed with Daley was what Chicago broke. Really it just seems like Quenneville never really liked him and he was an easy guy to scapegoat, being both the new guy and someone traded for a beloved player.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm pretty sure Maroon uses this name. Big Tree works good if you want a more original nickname for him
Big Rig has been Big Rig literally all throughout his professional career.

Maroon is some how recently called this on the board here. That's not his nick name.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad