Value of: James Reimer to Edmonton?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What do the Canes need to get for Reimer?

Decent enough veteran goalie that can help out Koskinen when needed.

EDM has to decide if they're sending the 2020/21 3rd to CGY and they missing their 2020 2nd and 4th as well so it'd be mostly 2021 picks.

I'd say a 4th + 5th? Goalie market is flooded this offseason.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Wouldn't Mrazek be the more logical fit? He's slightly cheaper on the cap, has a prior relationship with Holland and offers higher upside in general. The Oilers were interested in him last Summer:

Reactions: _Del_

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Wouldn't Mrazek be the more logical fit? He's slightly cheaper on the cap, has a prior relationship with Holland and offers higher upside in general. The Oilers were interested in him last Summer:

I was thinking the Canes may need to keep him and Reimer would be fairly cheap(final year of contract) and Holland could go for a younger goaltender come 2021.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I was thinking the Canes may need to keep him and Reimer would be fairly cheap(final year of contract) and Holland could go for a younger goaltender come 2021.

Mrazek is also in the final year of his deal and a trade might be even softer. Reimer's bonus has been paid. If the Canes acquire a starter to make one of them available, an 850k 1B/backup is easier on the actual books than a $3.25 mil 1A/1B.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
A 4th OR a 5th. Not both.

It's not enough. The market may be flooded but Reimer has drawn a fair amount of interest because his actual salary is so much lower than his cap-hit.

Likewise, he's desirable to keep for the same reason. If that's the best offer, we probably keep him and move Mrazek if we get a 1A upgrade.q

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
It's not enough. The market may be flooded but Reimer has drawn a fair amount of interest because his actual salary is so much lower than his cap-hit.

Likewise, he's desirable to keep for the same reason. If that's the best offer, we probably keep him and move Mrazek if we get a 1A upgrade.q

And I doubt Carolina makes a move with either before they obtain that upgrade. If they don't land someone via trade or UFA, stick with Mrazek/Reimer for 1 more year.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
2021 3rd for Reimer

I'd rather see him go to Phoenix in a Kuemper deal. LeBrun said Reimer would be a great fit for them given his $850k real salary.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
And I doubt Carolina makes a move with either before they obtain that upgrade. If they don't land someone via trade or UFA, stick with Mrazek/Reimer for 1 more year.

See...I think that ship has already sailed. Not because they were the problem, but because TD doesn't seem like a guy that will tolerate stagnation and goaltending is the obvious spot to improve.

I think "better goaltending tandem" is probably the FO ultimatum-objective of the year. I think you'll never see a Canes off-season where they don't swing for the big upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad