Signing(s): James McCann signs with the Mets (4 years, $40 million)

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Meeeh. I wouldn't give more than 2 years for McCann, he's mediocre

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Don’t feel like this was the best use of getting the free pass on Cano’s salary. I realize this isn’t the same amount but I don’t get the 4 year term.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Don’t feel like this was the best use of getting the free pass on Cano’s salary. I realize this isn’t the same amount but I don’t get the 4 year term.

they probably didn’t want to spend 20 million a year on a catcher. He seems to be trending upwards in production and he is a plus defensively. I think it’s another case of giving the extra term because other teams were probably offering 3 years and they wanted him. I will wait and see if that 4th year was a mistake.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
they probably didn’t want to spend 20 million a year on a catcher. He seems to be trending upwards in production and he is a plus defensively. I think it’s another case of giving the extra term because other teams were probably offering 3 years and they wanted him. I will wait and see if that 4th year was a mistake.

Yeah, I guess we’ll see. I don’t hate the player and obviously there’s not really a lot of $20 mil per year catchers out there but if I’m the Mets I maybe would have gone strong after JT instead. Either way, the move is probably fine just not something that really gets me going and i don’t love the 4 year term

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad