Jakub Voracek

Macster

Aug 26, 2005
Hammonds Plains, NS
Voracek had a hat rick in yesterday's intrasquad game at the Halifax Mooseheads training camp.

He should have a great year in Halifax playing with guys like Hillier, Swan, and MacMillan.

I think he's got what it takes to be a top 5 pick in the '07 NHL draft.

Anybody agree, or am I off the mark?

Macster

Aug 26, 2005
Hammonds Plains, NS
You're definately not off the mark, Voracek could even end up being drafted at nr. 1 OVR.
How was MacMillan playing? Anyone else who stood out?

I thought MacMillan played great, Garret Peters played with an edge (like usual), and i was really impressed with Daniel Smith (the son of the owner, ex-NHLer Bobby Smith), who had 4 goals.

On D, Lomanno looked solid. He's an overager and he's my pick for captain.

Hillier played really good as well. The games are only 3 on 3, so there is lots of room to dance with the puck, but Hillier had some nice moves.

I personally like Yuri Cheremetiev and think he should be the second line RW. He had a beauty goal last night.

Transported Upstater

Some one school me on this kid. Where did he come over from? Describe his game, etc.

I know he's a Top 5 possiblility for '07, but I don't know anything else about him.

X-SHARKIE

Some one school me on this kid. Where did he come over from? Describe his game, etc.

I know he's a Top 5 possiblility for '07, but I don't know anything else about him.

He is from the Czech Republic, has his coming out party durring April's U-18's, continued that success with a big U-18's just a few weeks ago. Will play in the Q for the Halifax Mooseheads this year. Seems to be a guy that's just getting better and better and could challenge for the #1 overall in 07.

Big, fine skater - not great, exceptional hand skill, good play maker, but his bread and butter is his puck protection, and the ability to drive the net and then use his superb finishing ability.

Looks to be the next Marian Hossa.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
X-Sharkie is pretty bang on...he reminds me of Hossa as well. Very strong on his skates and you cant take the puck from him.

His only weakness is his foot speed...his first couple strides are a bit slow but thats about it.

He should be able to score 40 goals this year.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
MacMillan looked VERY VERY good. He has the potential to be a first rounder...good size, playmaking ability, good finishing skills and he is defensivly aware at all times.

PEli*

Voracek looked decent again tonight. Scored an early one and took part in a line brawl. The guy throws his weight around pretty well and isn't afraid of any body contact.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Voracek looked decent again tonight. Scored an early one and took part in a line brawl. The guy throws his weight around pretty well and isn't afraid of any body contact.

Voracek had the geordie howe hattrick tonight, a goal, an assist and a fight. He made some really nice plays, and was a real factor in the game. His fight as well was pretty impressive, even though he fought Martin Latal who is pretty small.

Uwey

Jun 10, 2006
Lunenburg, NS
The more I read about the trio of MacMillian/Voracek/Pouliot the more I crave getting into the city to see some games this season. The smooth skating Bodnarchuk should be able to fit right in with this line playing the point.

Also this open up some room for Hillier & Swan, as the attention of the opponents should be forced moreso on the MacMillian line.

This could be one of the best teams the Moose have had since Gigger & Shelley's final season in the league!!!

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
The more I read about the trio of MacMillian/Voracek/Pouliot the more I crave getting into the city to see some games this season. The smooth skating Bodnarchuk should be able to fit right in with this line playing the point.

Also this open up some room for Hillier & Swan, as the attention of the opponents should be forced moreso on the MacMillian line.

This could be one of the best teams the Moose have had since Gigger & Shelley's final season in the league!!!

:biglaugh:

Pouliot is not overly impressive.....

Best team?

:help:

Uwey

Jun 10, 2006
Lunenburg, NS
Well, the goaltending should be solid as a rock this season as long as Duchesne stays healthy. That gives them goaltending that they haven't seen since Alexi Volkov, not to dump on Pascal Leclaire, but Alexi was the best tender between the Herds pipes since Gigger.

Down the middle the Herd look pretty good as I think back to the days of Reid, Trioni & Manley playing center. This season it looks like Saulnier, Hillier & young MacMillian.

On D, the Lomanno/Bodnarchuk duo should be very effective.

Maybe the media is just making this group sound collectively good, as I have yet to see them on the ice myself.

PEli*

Well, the goaltending should be solid as a rock this season as long as Duchesne stays healthy. That gives them goaltending that they haven't seen since Alexi Volkov, not to dump on Pascal Leclaire, but Alexi was the best tender between the Herds pipes since Gigger.

Down the middle the Herd look pretty good as I think back to the days of Reid, Trioni & Manley playing center. This season it looks like Saulnier, Hillier & young MacMillian.

On D, the Lomanno/Bodnarchuk duo should be very effective.

Maybe the media is just making this group sound collectively good, as I have yet to see them on the ice myself.

They look good. Not nearly as good as you're pumping them up to be. This team is coming back minus their two best players and number one defenseman. Duchesne is basically trade bait but both Roger Kennedy and Yetman look to be progressing well.

As for the goaltending, I'm willing to bet that Guillaume Lavallee's hot streak would beg to differ.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
He is from the Czech Republic, has his coming out party durring April's U-18's, continued that success with a big U-18's just a few weeks ago. Will play in the Q for the Halifax Mooseheads this year. Seems to be a guy that's just getting better and better and could challenge for the #1 overall in 07.

Big, fine skater - not great, exceptional hand skill, good play maker, but his bread and butter is his puck protection, and the ability to drive the net and then use his superb finishing ability.

Looks to be the next Marian Hossa.

Sounds like Frolov.. with a better shot.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Yeah, just like Olesz and Frolik? ;)

lol. its not because he is from the same country. but from what i hear he has amazing puck protection. great shot, stickhandling and playmaking ability. also heard he was a bit slow in he's first couple of strides. sounds more like jagr then hossa to me.

Uwey

Jun 10, 2006
Lunenburg, NS
Halifax has had A LOT of good goalies since Volkov.

Dallaire, Leclaire, Lavallee, Duchesne....

Volkov wasnt the best in Moosehead history...i wouldnt even put him 2nd or 3rd.

He choked under pressure.

Volkov lost to a stacked Titan team!!!

Gigger #1, Volkov #2, just my opinion thought!!

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Volkov lost to a stacked Titan team!!!

Gigger #1, Volkov #2, just my opinion thought!!

I respect your opinion, but how could the #2 goalie ever in Moosehead history not start the first 2 games at the Memorical cup??

Volkov had a good 18 year olds season, but he had a brutal playoff. At 19 he lost his #1 job to 17 year old Pascal Leclaire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->