Jakub Voracek going to the Halifax Mooseheads for next year

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
X-SHARKIE said:
Is this official? He looks worthy of a top 3 selection in next years draft and this should only boost his stock if he plays well.

yeah its official, it was stated in the Halifax paper that a deal is already done between the Voracek and the Moose. Patrick Roy is pretty mad cause Quebec had Voracek locked to come to their team and Mooseheads traded just before the draft to get the 1st overall pick from Rimouski in the Euro Draft. Also rumors are that Mike Cichy who was drafted in the 3rd round by the Mooseheads is also comming up to the team either this year or next year (he might play a year with the U17 team) and also other rumors are that Brad Malone is comming to the Mooseheads for next year and skipping NCAA. Halifax traded for Malone giving up a 5th round pick.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
insider said:
But if Malone plays a game, AB gets a first as well ;)

So it's a first, eh? I had heard the price would go up if Malone played for the Moose, but nobody was saying what it was. At least, it wasn't reported in papers anyway.

As for Patty Roy being upset about losing Voracek, too bad, so sad. I guess he'll have to console himself with Angelo Esposito, a consensus No. 1 pick last year that Quebec landed with what, the 11th overall pick? Cry me a river, Patrick.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Amen. Watch if he doesn't pull the same stunt with Kelsey Tessier this year.

Rumour is it's a 1st. Not confirmed yet, but it was reported in the Acadie Nouvelle.

CH Wizard

Wow that's very very insteresting news, thx.

Malone, Voracek? If it's true...they won't have to worry about offence for years.

PEli*

The Great One said:
Wow that's very very insteresting news, thx.

Malone, Voracek? If it's true...they won't have to worry about offence for years.

All depends on Malone reporting. He's pretty set on NCAA. An actual NCAA guy who isn't just holding out for a great package. Bathurst could have come up with something, otherwise. My guess is that he plays prep this year unless the Moose offer up an education package like Bodnarchuk got.

As for Patrick and the boys up in QC, if Voracek really was "their" guy, he would have only committed to them and not talked to anybody else. Sour grapes from a franchise coming off a stellar year. Suck it up and enjoy Espo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->