Jakub Voracek exhibition continues ...

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Another 3 points in last match.

Now he has 5GP 3G 12A 15PTS in PLF ;) First year in America and he is playing like veteran in PLF :yo: :yo: :yo:

Canada or North America perhaps

but yeah he has been a man on a mission really since the WJC. He's making a real push for 1st overall or at the very least fighting with Turris for 2nd overall.

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
The more I'm looking at him play, the more I really think that he'll go 1st Overall in this year's draft !! He's the most complete player of all, he got it all and I mean ALL : Shooting, skating, stickhandling, size, defensive coverage, passion, offensive flair, grit and maturity !! I can't see how anybody's better than him at this point. He is burning Moncton by himself and is the most dominant player in the CHL playoffs so far. If his team wins the championship and then goes to the Memorial cup, he'll probably win the MVP and that's gonna make him the consensus number 1 overall !! :teach:

Let's face it, Patrick Kane is pretty darn good offensively, but he is leeching from Sam Gagner and Sergei Kostitsyn, he plays on the power play for the whole 2 minutes and plus the team system is base on pure offense !! If he were on another team, his numbers weren't that impressive.

Patrick Kane is very good (Probably the most skilled offesively) but he has a lot to do before becoming an affective NHLer and plus he is undersize and that's a concern if he will translate his game or not in the pros. I can see Kane going top 5, but his lack of size and defensive awareness gonna cost him the 1st overall. You read it first here :teach:

Reactions: PKwonthetrade

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
The more I'm looking at him play, the more I really think that he'll go 1st Overall in this year's draft !! He's the most complete player of all, he got it all and I mean ALL : Shooting, skating, stickhandling, size, defensive coverage, passion, offensive flair, grit and maturity !! I can't see how anybody's better than him at this point. He is burning Moncton by himself and is the most dominant player in the CHL playoffs so far. If his team wins the championship and then goes to the Memorial cup, he'll probably win the MVP and that's gonna make him the consensus number 1 overall !! :teach:

Let's face it, Patrick Kane is pretty darn good offensively, but he is leeching from Sam Gagner and Sergei Kostitsyn, he plays on the power play for the whole 2 minutes and plus the team system is base on pure offense !! If he were on another team, his numbers weren't that impressive.

Patrick Kane is very good (Probably the most skilled offesively) but he has a lot to do before becoming an affective NHLer and plus he is undersize and that's a concern if he will translate his game or not in the pros. I can see Kane going top 5, but his lack of size and defensive awareness gonna cost him the 1st overall. You read it first here :teach:

well Voracek has almost everything, I find his shooting needs work, but vision, anticipation, passing, IQ and creativity he is top notch for sure, he works well in traffic and plays two way hockey.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
If his team wins the championship and then goes to the Memorial cup, he'll probably win the MVP and that's gonna make him the consensus number 1 overall !! :teach:

you're damn right he would win mvp. with a kennedy/yetman tandem in goal, voracek would need to pot 12 points per game to get them through the later rounds ;)

seriously though, if voracek doesn't go at least in the top 3 i'd be quite surprised. and with teams like phoenix, washington and st. louis with an early first and a late first in stock, we could see someone nab logan macmillan with the later pick and keep the dynamic duo together.

fighterflea1*

"The more I'm looking at him play, the more I really think that he'll go 1st Overall in this year's draft !! He's the most complete player of all, he got it all and I mean ALL : Shooting, skating, stickhandling, size, defensive coverage, passion, offensive flair, grit and maturity !! I can't see how anybody's better than him at this point. He is burning Moncton by himself and is the most dominant player in the CHL playoffs so far. If his team wins the championship and then goes to the Memorial cup, he'll probably win the MVP and that's gonna make him the consensus number 1 overall !!

Patrick Kane is very good (Probably the most skilled offesively) but he has a lot to do before becoming an affective NHLer and plus he is undersize and that's a concern if he will translate his game or not in the pros. I can see Kane going top 5, but his lack of size and defensive awareness gonna cost him the 1st overall. You read it first here first."

The Flyers have a 48.2 % percent of winning the first overall selection. Their new G.M., Paul Holmgren, has been lured into discussion with the media about a number of prospects including Kane, Cherepanov, Esposito, Alzner, Gagner among others. The notable exception among top line players -- the one he has avoided mentioning is Voracek.

If they win the lottery, I think they're going to look about and see Voracek as being an outstanding talent with no issues regarding his playing in North America, no issues regarding his two way game, no issues regarding his size or his ability to work with less than stellar teammates (although the Flyers are bound to rebound next season, that's the official motto 'bound to rebound') and they will take Voracek with the overall #1 or #2 (if V. is still available) pick. You read it here second.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
you're damn right he would win mvp. with a kennedy/yetman tandem in goal, voracek would need to pot 12 points per game to get them through the later rounds ;)

seriously though, if voracek doesn't go at least in the top 3 i'd be quite surprised. and with teams like phoenix, washington and st. louis with an early first and a late first in stock, we could see someone nab logan macmillan with the later pick and keep the dynamic duo together.

Wouldnt be a bad idea...but rarely does chemistry from Junior translate to the NHL. I remember Hnat Dominichelli and Iggy had pretty good Chemistry with Kamloops and then did nothing together in Calgary.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
Wouldnt be a bad idea...but rarely does chemistry from Junior translate to the NHL. I remember Hnat Dominichelli and Iggy had pretty good Chemistry with Kamloops and then did nothing together in Calgary.

this is very true, but macmillan's stock is rising too, and it isn't inconceivable that he'd be a late first at this point anyway. already having some chemistry with a guy like voracek certainly wouldn't hurt his case.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Voracek is my hope for the capitals to draft but it really looks like the caps will need to win the lottery to guarantee :cry: .

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
this is very true, but macmillan's stock is rising too, and it isn't inconceivable that he'd be a late first at this point anyway. already having some chemistry with a guy like voracek certainly wouldn't hurt his case.

Im a big fan of MacMillan so late 1st wouldnt be unreasonable.

His main knocks in September were :

a) Slow feet
b) Does he have high end offensive talent

Everyone knew the kid had A+ hockey sense, an exceptional 2-way game and played a mature brand of hockey.

His slow feet have become less of a concern and his offensive talent has really exploded in the last 20 games...has 35-40 pts in that span and its not all leeching from Voracek, he creates a lot on his own.

In my opinion in order to crack 1st rd there has to be a team that isnt worried about those above 2 question marks.

hawksfreak24

Jul 11, 2006
"The more I'm looking at him play, the more I really think that he'll go 1st Overall in this year's draft !! He's the most complete player of all, he got it all and I mean ALL : Shooting, skating, stickhandling, size, defensive coverage, passion, offensive flair, grit and maturity !! I can't see how anybody's better than him at this point. He is burning Moncton by himself and is the most dominant player in the CHL playoffs so far. If his team wins the championship and then goes to the Memorial cup, he'll probably win the MVP and that's gonna make him the consensus number 1 overall !!

Patrick Kane is very good (Probably the most skilled offesively) but he has a lot to do before becoming an affective NHLer and plus he is undersize and that's a concern if he will translate his game or not in the pros. I can see Kane going top 5, but his lack of size and defensive awareness gonna cost him the 1st overall. You read it first here first."

The Flyers have a 48.2 % percent of winning the first overall selection. Their new G.M., Paul Holmgren, has been lured into discussion with the media about a number of prospects including Kane, Cherepanov, Esposito, Alzner, Gagner among others. The notable exception among top line players -- the one he has avoided mentioning is Voracek.

If they win the lottery, I think they're going to look about and see Voracek as being an outstanding talent with no issues regarding his playing in North America, no issues regarding his two way game, no issues regarding his size or his ability to work with less than stellar teammates (although the Flyers are bound to rebound next season, that's the official motto 'bound to rebound') and they will take Voracek with the overall #1 or #2 (if V. is still available) pick. You read it here second.

Too bad the Hawks won the lottery......Voracek is coming to CHICAGO!!!:yo:

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Too bad the Hawks won the lottery......Voracek is coming to CHICAGO!!!:yo:

I really hope Tallon picks Voracek. The only concern would be that the Hawks have a lot of RWs in their Organisation and so he may have to be converted to a LW. So maybe Turris would be a better pick. A one two centre punch of Toews and Turris could be very dangerous

Last edited:

Bryzga lol*

23 points in 10 games...crazy.

And MacMillan's got 19 in 10. Whoever gets Voracek should do their best to get MacMillan.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Another 3 points in last match.

Now he has 5GP 3G 12A 15PTS in PLF ;) First year in America and he is playing like veteran in PLF :yo: :yo: :yo:
Had the privledge of watching him until the Mooseheads were eliminated last night during the playoffs, he really impressed me, more than I already was with him, he`s a little less dynamic version of Radulov. Remember he put those numbers up playing alongside a very young squad here. So hard to guage just how well he`ll adjust to pro life, but it was sure a fun 2 years that we`ve been treated to here in Halifax.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
Has anyone heard anything of a Brendl with Voracek? I sure hope not...and that is NOT my opinion...I heard it myself, I just hope it isn't true. And by Brendl we all know that means awesome in junior...not so much in the NHL. :teach:

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Has anyone heard anything of a Brendl with Voracek? I sure hope not...and that is NOT my opinion...I heard it myself, I just hope it isn't true. And by Brendl we all know that means awesome in junior...not so much in the NHL. :teach:

Brendl never had the work ethic and desire of Voracek, and it's not even close !!!!

You could do the same comparison with everyone in this year's draft comparing everybody to Brendl :help:

Voracek is already better than Brendl will ever be.

I don't know why you're comparing thoses two, totally different style of play.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm not comparing their play style, I simply heard this comparison made...It would be a comparison to their projection and output levels in junior. Junior GOOD=touted...Pro POOR=little output.

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
I'm not comparing their play style, I simply heard this comparison made...It would be a comparison to their projection and output levels in junior. Junior GOOD=touted...Pro POOR=little output.

One's style of play has everything to do with the projection though. Voracek is one of the least likely players to not have some impact in the NHL, because of his passion and complete game. If you were going to make a Brendl comparison you could conceivably throw a name like Esposito around...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->