Confirmed with Link: Jakub Jerabek for 2019 fifth round pick

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Mere minutes after needlessly losing Chorney on waivers. But, y'know, who needs draft picks.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Mere minutes after needlessly losing Chorney on waivers. But, y'know, who needs draft picks.

Habs fans seem to think he's another underrated puck-moving dude. These are the type of low-cost gambles I'm fine with, but again it hinges on Trotz which is a risky proposition.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
There has to be more coming. We are back to 8 D-men. Bowey can get sent down, so thats fine. But I cant imagine GMBM is done.

This.

Having watched the Habs a lot this year Jerabek is a decent defensmen. I'm really surprised the Habs didn't re-sign him. I hope the Caps keep him, as opposed to Kempny, if they are planning on not re-signing or flipping one of them for something else.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
You guys won this trade. This is from a Habs fan.

Jerabek is easily a 5/6 defenceman who can move the puck. For some reason Julien did not like him. When he played he did well. Much better than Morrow and has a much better offensive game than Benn or
Schlemko who I believe he is on par with.

I would have much rather traded off those players and gave Jerabek sufficient ice time next year.

Reactions: Sam Spade

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So that's two potentially underrated PMDs brought in this week. At least GMBM is bringing in guys who fit the mold of what they need and not more Mike Webers and Tim Gleasons. Watching Alzner and Orpik last year hurt my heart.

Could it really be that GMBM sees Orpik as a total liability?

Reactions: burlivo and amjay13

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Do Jerabek and Kempny kill penalties?
Kempny has more than Jerabek. I'd guess that Kempny is probably the better of the two defensively.

Even if they send Bowey down I'm not sure how they really get these two up to speed without at least resting Orpik some. That could be the way to phase him out of the lineup altogether if they can manage to get away with it (assuming a trade isn't feasible).

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Kempny has more than Jerabek. I'd guess that Kempny is probably the better of the two defensively.

Even if they send Bowey down I'm not sure how they really get these two up to speed without at least resting Orpik some. That could be the way to phase him out of the lineup altogether if they can manage to get away with it (assuming a trade isn't feasible).

They both sound better than Chorney, thats for sure.

I think they will deal Orpik and some significant assets to get one of the well known wingers that's available. Kane or Pacioretty. I feel it....

Orpik/Siegenthaler/Burakovsky/1st for Pacioretty

Bowey for Hjalmarsson.

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Wilson
Vrana - Backstrom - Pacioretty
Connolly - Eller - Oshie
Stephenson - Beagle - DSP
Chiasson

Orlov-Niskanen
Hjalmarsson - Carlson
Djoos - Jerabek
Kempny

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

It’s hard not to like this move. A UFA but again he hasn’t caught on anywhere and they have the potential to re-sign if warranted.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I am with Ridley, I think Orpik is headed for scratch-ville or getting moved.

For sure these are bottom pair guys but BOTH have potential to be more and hopefully BMac saw that and Trotz understands they need to play. If they do play, good or bad, Caps D just got a lot faster.

Twenty games is more than enough time to get up to speed.

It’s hard not to like this move. A UFA but again he hasn’t caught on anywhere and they have the potential to re-sign if warranted.

Jerabek just come over from the KHL, he hasn't had a chance to do anything yet. If he doesn't get a chance here he will probably go back to the KHL.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Another left shot. I wonder what Orpik thinks... is it happening?

I can see Barry being scared of Djoos in R1G1P1 when the insane hitting starts, even though it is then largely gone for the rest of series. Sitting Orpik if even for just a game would be a threshold moment for Barry.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I do not share the optimism that these trades mean that Orpik is on his way out. Barry Trotz still coaches this team. Both Trotz and MacLellan have gone on record about Orpik's importance to this team. This seems much more like they're blaming the rookies on the defensive issues, and are going to end up pushing Djoos and Bowey out of the lineup.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
They both sound better than Chorney, thats for sure.

I think they will deal Orpik and some significant assets to get one of the well known wingers that's available. Kane or Pacioretty. I feel it....

Orpik/Siegenthaler/Burakovsky/1st for Pacioretty

Bowey for Hjalmarsson.

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Wilson
Vrana - Backstrom - Pacioretty
Connolly - Eller - Oshie
Stephenson - Beagle - DSP
Chiasson

Orlov-Niskanen
Hjalmarsson - Carlson
Djoos - Jerabek
Kempny

Like the addition and like the moves you've suggested.

Could be a dangerous lineup.

[...insert comment about how much Trotz sucks...]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->