Value of: Jakob Silfverberg at the Draft.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Whoever takes Silf needs to take Ritchie with em also. Two wings who underperformed in the playoffs and regular season. Change of scenery for both players would be good.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Whoever takes Silf needs to take Ritchie with em also. Two wings who underperformed in the playoffs and regular season. Change of scenery for both players would be good.
Both of them for Oilers 2nd? Dont know much about them or their value lol.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
How about a package of:

Byron
Will Bitten
MTL's 2nd (35th OA)

Bitten is a speedy winger prospect doing real good, has grit, in a bit of the mold of Gally. Byron is the speedy winger you asked for Silf. I value them pretty closely, especially considering salary.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Silf who has .65 PPG in the playoffs an underperformer? Do you even watch the Ducks?

nilssont

May 27, 2007
I think it's entirely dependent on his willingness to re-sign. Even if Terry comes up and proves himself, the Ducks could really use that depth up front. Right now, you're liking at a declining Perry, Rakell, Cogliano, Silfverberg, Kase, and Ritchie in the top nine. They could definitely use some internal competition from a young player to give them some flexibility while also not relying on Perry to stop declining, Silfverberg to not leave, and both Kase and Ritchie solidifying themselves in their current roles. If they can't get Silfverberg to re-sign, they have to move him this off-season and take a huge run at Kane.

We have Eaves coming back too. Hes not going to be moved so, we could use some cap relief.

Anyways to the other posters, id personally take Tage Thompson over the Jets 1st. I like his game alot

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Both of them for Oilers 2nd? Dont know much about them or their value lol.
Wtf... clearly, silfs one of the better defensive wingers in the league and still puts up 40+ points with potential to do more

Silf would likely get a mid to late 1st value from a playoff team.... ritchie is a little harder to value but i cant see us moving him unless its a swap for another change of scenery player... like a duclair or bennet type.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Silfverberg and 1st for Bobby Ryan.

But to be serious.

Silfvermountain are always put on shut-down lines. I'd be interested to see what he can do on a scoring line with a great playmaking centre.

Washington might want to deal Burakowski. That trade could benefit both teams right now.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Wtf... clearly, silfs one of the better defensive wingers in the league and still puts up 40+ points with potential to do more

Silf would likely get a mid to late 1st value from a playoff team.... ritchie is a little harder to value but i cant see us moving him unless its a swap for another change of scenery player... like a duclair or bennet type.
Ok

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Silfverberg and 1st for Bobby Ryan.

But to be serious.

Silfvermountain are always put on shut-down lines. I'd be interested to see what he can do on a scoring line with a great playmaking centre.

Washington might want to deal Burakowski. That trade could benefit both teams right now.

Ya i was hopin they would try him with kase - henrique - silfverberg

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Silf who has .65 PPG in the playoffs an underperformer? Do you even watch the Ducks?

Everyone under performed in this seasons playoffs. When a teams swept in 4 games first round. You can throw stats right out the window. Even regular season Silfverberg wasn’t great.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
If you're a bad GM or don't understand stats, then yes.

What’s .65 gonna do when your swept first round of the playoffs? Nothing. Stats are all moot at that point. So you goto the regular season. And Silfverberg wasn’t that great in that area either.

Last edited:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
What’s .65 gonna do when your swept first round of the playoffs? Nothing. Stats are all moot at that point. So you goto the regular season. And Silfverberg wasn’t that great in that area either.
Just so wrong, I ask again, did you even watch the Ducks? Silf had another 40 point season with basically no top 6 linemates the entire year while playing on the shutdown line. Still also had 2 points in 4 games in the playoffs, was easily one of our best players.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
The only way I’d add a 1st to Bennett for Silf is if Ritchie came back.

I'd consider it, depending on the 1st. What's holding Bennett back?

Silfverberg was one of the few that showed up during the playoffs.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Because we're going to be in the playoffs again in the future.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
How about a package of:

Byron
Will Bitten
MTL's 2nd (35th OA)

Bitten is a speedy winger prospect doing real good, has grit, in a bit of the mold of Gally. Byron is the speedy winger you asked for Silf. I value them pretty closely, especially considering salary.

No thanks from a Montreal POV. Byron accomplishes what Silfverberg does for 1/3 the price. Not interested in Ritchie either. Montreal needs to add top 6 talent, not shuffle the deck chairs of the bottom six - which is already crowded.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
How about a package of:

Byron
Will Bitten
MTL's 2nd (35th OA)

No, not for both.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

How about Bobby Ryan :sarcasm:

Bahaha just kidding. I know you guys wont take him back....

Edit: someone else did it first, drat..

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
No thanks from a Montreal POV. Byron accomplishes what Silfverberg does for 1/3 the price. Not interested in Ritchie either. Montreal needs to add top 6 talent, not shuffle the deck chairs of the bottom six - which is already crowded.
I'm a Habs fan and I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I know what we need and the package I offer would not get us that. Might as well get something good out of it. Don't forget Byron will be due for a raise too. I bet their salary will probably be close to even then. And check the stats, Silfverberg is definitely better! Plus we got a lot of cap space. We have also a lot of 2nd rounders and RW in the prospect pool. A third checking line of Ritchie-Danault-Silfverberg would be sick.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada

I'm assuming you are looking at point totals only?

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I'm a Habs fan and I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I know what we need and the package I offer would not get us that. Might as well get something good out of it. Don't forget Byron will be due for a raise too. I bet their salary will probably be close to even then. And check the stats, Silfverberg is definitely better! Plus we got a lot of cap space. We have also a lot of 2nd rounders and RW in the prospect pool. A third checking line of Ritchie-Danault-Silfverberg would be sick.

So Shaw is gone? I'd be okay with that.

Byron's got one year left at $1.167 million. Then, yes, a raise. If it's a second down year, he's a guy you move for futures.

More and more, I'm a believer in spending as little as little as possible on the bottom six. Invest in a top flight 3rd line center if you must, but keep the spending as close to a $1 million per player average. Same goes for the bottom pairing on defense. Spend the money on the top 6 and top 4. Stop wasting it on tweeners.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Silf expecting his first child this month . Have gut instinct that this year ( along with guys like Manson( who got engaged. Not that he struggled) and other young guys on the team, had a lot of the wife/gf/family issues that side track hockey focus( that even Getzlef and Perry admitted happened to them) ducks need to get younger and faster for the #5/6 dmen. Upgrade our 4th line with speed, youth and talent. John Gibson needs to stay healthy and we will be ok. At this point though, if both Henrique and silf can’t be resigned long term, henrique>silf do to his position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->