Injury Report: Jake Gardiner

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That “slash” didn’t even look like it hit his hand.

Gardiner taking his hand off his stick while playing is pretty normal mannerisms from Gardiner.

I’m not convinced.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
That slash was nothing...he fires it around the boards in the offensive zone. Wonder if it maybe precaution with a trade possible. Lou is crafty...I mean the slash could be an injury just cant see it. When a player gets it on the hand they normally shake their glove or go off..Jake passed it up and followed the play in

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
It's not a trade, he's injured. The Leafs NEED help on defence desperately, why would they trade one of their best defensemen now?

That wouldn't make any sense. No team is going to give the Leafs a BETTER defenseman for him.

It's his finger, wrist or hand, that's it, that's all.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
This hardly forces our hand on a trade. Holl looked great, we’ve got Borgman, and Liljegren.

Liljegren can

Holl and Borgman aren't anywhere near Gardiner's level. Liljegren isn't playing regularly on the Marlies yet so he isn't close to ready. Gardiner is a big cog to the Leafs offense and defensive shut down. A lot more important than a lot of HFLeafs would like to admit.

We are so screwed if it's long term.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Holl and Borgman aren't anywhere near Gardiner's level. Liljegren isn't playing regularly on the Marlies yet so he isn't close to ready. Gardiner is a big cog to the Leafs offense and defensive shut down. A lot more important than a lot of HFLeafs would like to admit.

We are so screwed if it's long term.

Carrick did alright getting decent minutes when Rielly and Hainsey went down we've just got to hope he can do that again

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Sigh. Gardiner is a huge loss if he is out for any extended period. I know people love to hate him but he eats up quality minutes that are hard to replace. Guess it's Dermott's time to shine.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
That “slash” didn’t even look like it hit his hand.

Gardiner taking his hand off his stick while playing is pretty normal mannerisms from Gardiner.

I’m not convinced.

I'm sure it's injury related, but I do agree about that slash tbh. He didn't even react.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
I missed the 2nd, what happened?

Gardiner left the game in the 2nd period. People started speculating maybe trade related, sportsnet found clip of him getting slashed. Now Leafs came out with lower body injury. It was weird because it wasn't an obvious injury where people noticed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->