Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Out of nowhere :laugh:

giphy.gif

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
well if he played with that, then that is great, as he has good potential in my eyes, with skating being his potential downfall, but if i saw him play during the final 4 with a hernia, then the upside might be much higher then i even thought

Reactions: David Suzuki

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Would explain his second half production dropoff...

In the last weekend of the season plus the playoffs and Frozen Fours he had 13 pts in 8 games. His problems were when he returned from the Spengler Cup, he had 3 pts in 8 games. The team was also in a funk, they had steam rolled their way through the Big Ten so by the time he got back from the Spengler Cup they all but had the Big Ten locked up and had little to play for. Saw a lot of their games, don't know why they started to struggle after just owning the Big 10 all year.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
In the last weekend of the season plus the playoffs and Frozen Fours he had 13 pts in 8 games. His problems were when he returned from the Spengler Cup, he had 3 pts in 8 games. The team was also in a funk, they had steam rolled their way through the Big Ten so by the time he got back from the Spengler Cup they all but had the Big Ten locked up and had little to play for. Saw a lot of their games, don't know why they started to struggle after just owning the Big 10 all year.
I will admit I didn't watch a single game until the frozen four, so you know better than me. But it is somewhat encouraging to know that he was playing through injury and it could have been affecting him.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Apparently sports hernias are possibly pretty bad, and take a while to get back to 100%. Bobby Ryan really went downhill after his hernia. Hope Evans heals well.

Not sure it was Bobby Ryan's sports hernia that sent him down hill. He was always a slower skater. When the game became more and more based on speed, his style just didn't translate well.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Was about to post the same thing

Maybe this version is allowed to stay in the middle tho
I'm hoping Evans is given a shot to play with the real Galchenyuk and Scherbak.

Galchenyuk-Evans-Scherbak used as an offensive exploitation line would be excellent. I think he has a real chance to make the team as long as he recovers fully and completely and has a great camp.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm hoping Evans is given a shot to play with the real Galchenyuk and Scherbak.

Galchenyuk-Evans-Scherbak used as an offensive exploitation line would be excellent. I think he has a real chance to make the team as long as he recovers fully and completely and has a great camp.

For what it's worth, at last year's development camp, Scherbak and Evans were on a line together. And I recall reading reports that they looked good together.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
At least he has his head on straight. Any man or woman who believes a hotdog is a sandwich deserves the right to be a Canadien in my eyes.

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->