Player Discussion Jake "Big Tuna" Virtanen | XVII Nikolaj Who...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Hoping for a production trajectory like Radek Faksa this year. Go from mediocre CHL production and 0.3 PPG AHL production to nearly a PPG in the AHL and an NHL callup.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Hoping for a production trajectory like Radek Faksa this year. Go from mediocre CHL production and 0.3 PPG AHL production to nearly a PPG in the AHL and an NHL callup.

I liked Faksa at the time of the draft and thought he was a bust a couple of years after. I guess that 2012 draft is just unpredictable.

JA

Based on what I saw of him last season, he still needs time. His ability to generate offense on his own is still rather limited. He needs to spend the full year scoring points at the AHL level and developing his offensive game.

There is no need to rush him. Jake is still 20 years old until August 17. He is less than two months older than Adam Gaudette and lost a year of development in 2015-16.

I don't think we should be seeing him in the NHL until after his 22nd birthday. Last year was unsuccessful points-wise for him; he needs a successful AHL season under his belt before the Canucks offer him a chance to play in the NHL.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Based on what I saw of him last season, he still needs time. His ability to generate offense on his own is still rather limited. He needs to spend the full year scoring points at the AHL level and developing his offensive game.

There is no need to rush him. Jake is still 20 years old until August 17. He is less than two months older than Adam Gaudette and lost a year of development in 2015-16.

I don't think we should be seeing him in the NHL until after his 22nd birthday. Last year was unsuccessful points-wise for him; he needs a successful AHL season under his belt before the Canucks offer him a chance to play in the NHL.

A couple more season in Utica would do wonders in building dat character.

For a guy like Jake, it would be quite the accomplishment to tough it out through 3 seasons in Utica. Yeah he probably is working out pretty hard this summer but one summer isn't enough to develop those life long professional NHL player habits that Bo developed at the same age.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Picking Jake was absolutely the wrong decision so that's on Jimbo.

Jake and Ben showing up to camp incredibly out of shape with Jake looking like Grimace and Ben getting beaten by red headed step child by bottom 6ers while being paired with Gudbranson the pylon is on Jake and Ben (and Jimbo for trading for Gud).

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
No mention of churros yet? Disappointed in you guys. If there was ever a prospect of ours to send to Gary Roberts fitness camp this is the guy.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
No offseason stories of Jake to follow this year?

No public trips to Disneyland with sexy actresses?

Has he used twitter at all?

Edit:

Him at a a football game at the end of June... Quick.. we need a body assessment...

DDHctyoUAAAQ7Cq.jpg

And he had a retweet commemorating Bourdon's passing. Life is short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->