Red Sox/MLB ROAD TRIP - Red Sox and Yankees heading to London in June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
A four-man rotation where starters throw 110 pitches might have nothing in common with one where they only throw 65.

From that article, for those who skip it: "Surprisingly, though, the results came out the same. There was no indication that pitchers did better or worse based on how many days of rest they got. What was significant was the number of pitches that the pitcher had thrown in his previous start. Longer outings made for slightly less effective pitchers (more walks, more hits, fewer outs in play). It’s something we’ve seen before. Using more modern data, I found that a pitcher who threw 140 pitches might expect to perform slightly worse than expected in his next start, and that the effect was gone by the second start."

True. They're also going to be giving Tampa Bay's starters four days rest instead of the three days rest that old school four man rotations use to.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It was good to see a game today - Sale is ready

29196333_10214651953465218_2875397956616323072_n.jpg

Reactions: BMC

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Again, I never won a Cup, so when I was screaming last year to rest Sale before the playoffs, it was because I'm a know nothing rube fan and I should respect the judgment of the professionals.

Or not. Again. And again and again and again.
Last year’s playoffs left a bad taste in Chris Sale’s mouth - The Boston Globe

Available for consulting duties on a variety of matters. $500 / hr. The rate just keeps going up in direct relation to the success rate of the analysis. It's going exponentially vertical at this point. Yet, still unemployable. The weirdest thing. I have my theories, of course. You bet I do.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Again, I never won a Cup, so when I was screaming last year to rest Sale before the playoffs, it was because I'm a know nothing rube fan and I should respect the judgment of the professionals.

Or not. Again. And again and again and again.
Last year’s playoffs left a bad taste in Chris Sale’s mouth - The Boston Globe

Available for consulting duties on a variety of matters. $500 / hr. The rate just keeps going up in direct relation to the success rate of the analysis. It's going exponentially vertical at this point. Yet, still unemployable. The weirdest thing. I have my theories, of course. You bet I do.

Because you were the only guy saying that the Sox should rest Sale...

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Because you were the only guy saying that the Sox should rest Sale...

That sounds like you're asking for a list of mine. Are you doing that? Or did you just want to make the remark in the vacuum of the single post? I don't want to dis-spell any delusions you may be relying upon unless it's necessary or to my financial benefit so if you just wanted to make the remark then I will afford you that privilege.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
"Teams are inquiring on Deven Marrero".

Who?????

Defensively, he's a beast.

If he could even come close to average at the plate, he'd be a solid SS/3B option for a rebuilding team with a low payroll.

And the Sox don't need him, so if they can get assets for him, it's a win.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That sounds like you're asking for a list of mine. Are you doing that? Or did you just want to make the remark in the vacuum of the single post? I don't want to dis-spell any delusions you may be relying upon unless it's necessary or to my financial benefit so if you just wanted to make the remark then I will afford you that privilege.

I’m not asking for a list. I’m just wondering what qualifies you to ask for $500/hr for consulting fees? Because you had an opinion that a lot of other people had too? Should they all be consultants for the Red Sox or another MLB team?

Better stretch that arm out. Wouldn’t want you injuring yourself while patting yourself on the back so vigorously.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Terrible. It will never make sense to me when professional sports teams have to go to another country to play a regular season game. You want to have a preseason game there? Fine.... But regular season games should be done in the country of the team since the fans of that team should be able to attend every possible home game. Red Sox and Yankees fans, that don't fly to England to see this, lose out on a game.

Reactions: smithformeragent

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Terrible. It will never make sense to me when professional sports teams have to go to another country to play a regular season game. You want to have a preseason game there? Fine.... But regular season games should be done in the country of the team since the fans of that team should be able to attend every possible home game. Red Sox and Yankees fans, that don't fly to England to see this, lose out on a game.

So two games? I'll assume that each team will be the home team once and they'll just decrease the number of home games each team plays vs. the other by one home game each.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
CBS Sports previews the 2018 Red Sox.

from cbssports.com:

Given all the bandwidth hogged by the New York Yankees and their offseason acquisition of Giancarlo Stanton, it's easy to forget that the Boston Red Sox have claimed back-to-back AL East titles while winning a total of 186 regular-season games over the last two years. As you would expect, the Sox are well positioned to pull off a three-peat in the division. That's not the goal, of course. The goal, under first-year manager Alex Cora, is to make it deep into the postseason for the first time since the team's championship season of 2013. Cora will first be judged by whether the team makes the playoffs. Then he'll be judged by whether he can substantially improve upon the team's 1-6 record in ALDS play over the last two years.

With that scene set, let's dig in ...

Full story here: www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/boston-red-sox-2018-season-preview-lineup-upgraded-but-still-some-questions/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->