Red Sox/MLB ROAD TRIP - Red Sox and Yankees heading to London in June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mike Moustakis turned down the $17 M qualifier from KC to sign with a one-year deal at $6.5 M with KC

Scott Boras reign is over the tail no longer wags the dog

The Phillies have a $44 M payroll ? Insane

Boras agency I expect will be laying off folks.

David Price could go 21-3 and WS MVP and he ain't opting out after what he and his agent just witnessed

Reactions: chizzler

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Mike Moustakis turned down the $17 M qualifier from KC to sign with a one-year deal at $6.5 M with KC

David Price could go 21-3 and WS MVP and he ain't opting out after what he and his agent just witnessed

So many unsigned FA's this year. Strike might be on the way

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Brutal in Moustakis's case.

Boras really blew the offseason this year with the clients he had aside from maybe Hosmer.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

It reeks collusion - but Philadelphia's payroll is shameful

We are headed for a strike :cry:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It reeks collusion - but Philadelphia's payroll is shameful

We are headed for a strike :cry:
I don't think its collusion, its the analytics based GMs

They have a cap but it's the lack of a floor

Yes there will be a strike and owners should make sure hard cap and players a floor

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I don't think its collusion, its the analytics based GMs

They have a cap but it's the lack of a floor

Yes there will be a strike and owners should make sure hard cap and players a floor

Will never happen. A minimum floor maybe, but the MLBPA will never go for a hard cap as it'll affect their own pay.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I heard on the commentary of the Mariners Reds ST game that Tampa is going with a four man rotation.

Interesting.
Last year Kevin Cash was doing this thing where they would strictly pull starters after 5 innings no matter what, then use the bullpen to finish out. Archer could be throwing a 1-hitter at 65 pitches and they'd pull him anyway because that's the new organizational philosophy. This 4-man rotation thing is probably connected to that. Keeping everybody fresher.

It's pretty stupid TBQH.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Last year Kevin Cash was doing this thing where they would strictly pull starters after 5 innings no matter what, then use the bullpen to finish out. Archer could be throwing a 1-hitter at 65 pitches and they'd pull him anyway because that's the new organizational philosophy. This 4-man rotation thing is probably connected to that. Keeping everybody fresher.

It's pretty stupid TBQH.

How do you know that? It might very well be, but has anyone ever tried it? How do you know it won't be revolutionary?

"If we are all thinking alike, then no one is thinking." --Bill Walsh

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Joe Fitzgerald of the Boston Herald put the whole Yawkey issue into perspective in today's Column.

He sums it up succinctly thusly:

" Yawkey is not the problem here.

It's perpetual boat-rockers who are the problem, along with a pathetic, billionaire owner so in need if adulation that he's only too happy to toss the memory of a good man to the wolves."

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
"infected by the corrosive disease of political correctness."

f*** Joe Fitzgerald.

And f*** anyone else that continues to ignore the actual argument being made. This isn't "political correctness," in the pejorative way he means it.

I've already explained what it is about, and it isn't about being politically correct.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
"I think Tom Yawkey made some big, horrible mistakes but wasnt a bad person, and he tried to atone for them later in life. Combined with his philanthropic contributions he's worthy of recognition."

There, I made a good argument for you.

I disagree with it, but it's reasonable and defensible.

"f*** the libtards Yawkey was a saint" isn't either.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
With Kimbrel out of spring training to be with his daughter who is very ill, I think it’s time to think about who might temporarily replace him as the closer in case he’s not ready for the start of the season.

I would put Joe Kelly in the role

He’s been gone for 2 weeks and Cora said he threw a bullpen session with the radar gun a few days ago.

Hoping for a successful surgery for Lydia Joy.

Red Sox show support for Craig Kimbrel's child

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The White Sox are hurting for fans

upload_2018-3-12_13-36-40.png

The Ballpark Pass is back for 2018 for a limited time! Access 36 games in April, May and September for just $126 or 11 games in April for $49.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

A four-man rotation where starters throw 110 pitches might have nothing in common with one where they only throw 65.

From that article, for those who skip it: "Surprisingly, though, the results came out the same. There was no indication that pitchers did better or worse based on how many days of rest they got. What was significant was the number of pitches that the pitcher had thrown in his previous start. Longer outings made for slightly less effective pitchers (more walks, more hits, fewer outs in play). It’s something we’ve seen before. Using more modern data, I found that a pitcher who threw 140 pitches might expect to perform slightly worse than expected in his next start, and that the effect was gone by the second start."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad