jagr boarding pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanuthier*

psycho_dad said:
Yeah and similar to Jagr hit, that one was also clean. After the game they interviewed Iginla who said it was a clean hit.

Thing is...you can hate Ruutu ( Hell, I dont like him either) but at least give him the courtesy of judging him by Ice hockey rules. He plays the game, so the rules apply to him. Today he was playing within the rules.....never mind that a superstar got ran over. Ruutu did NOTHING WRONG according to hockey rulebook. Stop wasting your time thinking about WHO got hurt and watch the video. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that hit, at least according to the rulebook. Unfortunately the ref was as Pejorative Slur as some fans are...all he needed was blood to call that penalty.
Yes, I agree what he did was "within the rules."

Doesn't take away from the fact that he was trying to injure him (Jagr).

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Phanuthier said:
It was a clean hit. It was a clean hit like Steve Moore's hit on Markus Naslund. "Clean" by NHL definition, but you see a player in a vulnerable position (like Jagr) and you try and injure them. With a "clean hit." Look back on my posts, I'm one of the few - maybe only - ones that think Steve Moore got what was coming to him.

Wouldn't it be poetic justice if, with a "clean hit," Ruutu knocks a guy over, his skate goes flying and cuts Ruutu's face completely wide open.

I know its mascicistic, its sounds repulsive, but I have no respect for people who try to injure people - no matter how "clean" it is by definition.

Like I said, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Hey, if you have a problem with those kind of hits then that's one thing. But in that case I don't understand why you'd charactize Scott Stevens as being just a 'physical' player when he regularly steamrolled guys in vulnerable positions. Or why you'd name yourself after a player who just about took off Rostislav Olesz's head with a bodycheck in the world juniors. :dunno:

I mean, I don't really care if you like Ruutu or not but you're really reaching with some of these arguments.

Phanuthier*

colonel_korn said:
Hey, if you have a problem with those kind of hits then that's one thing. But in that case I don't understand why you'd charactize Scott Stevens as being just a 'physical' player when he regularly steamrolled guys in vulnerable positions. Or why you'd name yourself after a player who just about took off Rostislav Olesz's head with a bodycheck in the world juniors. :dunno:

I mean, I don't really care if you like Ruutu or not but you're really reaching with some of these arguments.
I could be wrong, but Scott Steven's hits never really struck me as trying to injure people. Ruutu does.

Dion Phaneuf is one of my favourite players, but the hit on Olesz wasn't one of my favourite hits. Olesz did go low at the same time Phaneuf laid the hit. I don't think Phaneuf tries to turn people into a vegtable.

Ruutu smiles

The way I see it, Jarkko Ruutu hits people in vulnerable positions to hurt them. Like I said before, it wouldn't sadden me the least - or surprise me the least - to see someone see Jarkko Ruutu in a vulnerable position, and someone tries to end his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
I think I'm confused. I saw the hit on Jagr. Ruutu was not speeding up, he was gliding when he hit Jagr, so it's not charging. He didn't hit Jagr in the head. He didn't hit Jagr in the back. Jagr was playing the puck, and you hear all the time that you take the body, not the puck. I don't see why it was a "dirty" hit except that it was Jagr that got hit.

Then I hear all over this thread that it was dirty because Jagr was in a "vulnerable" position. If that was the case, any player cutting into the middle with their head down shouldn't be touched since they are in a vulnerable position. But when that happens, you always hear how it was a great hit and the guy that got hit needs to learn to protect himself and keep his head up, or they should know that <insert player name here> is on the ice and they are going to get hit if they cut to the middle.

Seems to me that Jagr should have been paying attention to who was on the ice and should have had his head up...

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Shane said:
Watch the video, it would have been shoulder-to-shoulder until about half a second before Ruutu hit him, Jagr leaned forward. That's not Ruutu's fault. There's now way he could have held up. At worst it's charging, and I don't see how anyone can say there was a clear intent to injure.

The way you throw the body is like how you use the stick - flagrant use of it is a penalty(Not to mention Ruutu is skating along with his man and he decides to make a B line for a almost stationary Jagr on the delayed call?).

Total coward move by Ruutu, in the Olympics.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
It's really annoying watching fans on HFBoards fly off the handle every time there's even a borderline hit in hockey. I mean for ****s sakes, gents.

Look, Jarkko Ruutu is a real son of a *****. He taunts, he dives, he facewashes, he yaps, and he pisses off everyone who plays against him. But he is not a headhunter. He is not somebody who goes out trying to hurt people every game. As far as I can remember, he has never been suspended (except maybe once for diving) and I don't think he's ever been ejected from a game either.

So stop going ballistic and calling him the dirtiest player on earth because of one thing he did. I see the same thing happen every time somebody does something borderline. Player X gives a hit into the boards and injures somebody. Posters on HFBoards: "OPMGG HEZ DA DIRTIESSTY PLAYTER EVAR!!! BERTUZZI HIM!!"

People make mistakes. People do dumb things. I'm sure you're not a ****ing angel either. So stop trying to crucify every player that sometimes goes too far.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
"Ryan"It's really annoying watching fans on HFBoards fly off the handle every time there's even a borderline hit in hockey. I mean for ****s sakes, gents.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Ruutu is a player that would have been killed in the 80's. The stuff he pulls is outright ridiculous. You imagine if Probert was out there with Ruutu pulling stunts like that? He would have his face rearranged. We have a problem in the league with these kind of players. Not only do they hurt people, but they make the league look like the wwf.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Bluenote13 said:
You're a very intolerant person, let's just leave it at that. Good night, and good luck :sarcasm: :propeller ;)

That's a very odd thing to construe from my post.

I am very tolerant. In fact, tolerance was the whole message that I was trying to send.

But please, keep upping your post-count with pointless, empty posts. That's what these boards are all about.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Did anyone catch Ruutu's attempt to kick the Czech players extended arm as he was laying down on the ice? It occurred behind the net as the Czech player was on his belly, and Ruutu skated over and clearly tried to make contact with his arm using his leg.

Remember back when Canucks fans called for Moore's head when he took out Naslund with a hit, yet defend Ruutu when he pulls the same crap, or when Ruutu turtles from a fight just as Avery does. Hypocritical whiners.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Remember back when Canucks fans called for Moore's head when he took out Naslund with a hit, yet defend Ruutu when he pulls the same crap, or when Ruutu turtles from a fight just as Avery does. Hypocritical whiners.

Nice generalization, numbnuts.

So if SopelFan (for example) whines about Moore, and Shane defends Ruutu, that means that Canuck fans are hypocrites?

Don't be stupid.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
King Ryan said:
Nice generalization, numbnuts.

So if SopelFan (for example) whines about Moore, and Shane defends Ruutu, that means that Canuck fans are hypocrites?

Don't be stupid.

Hey genius, I didn't say ALL Canuck fans. Learn to read. And are you denying that Canucks fans were calling for Moore's head and defend Ruutu?

Don't be stupid.

Henne

Jun 23, 2005
I gotta side with the 'Ruutu is a dirty guy (edited)" people on this one. It probably was a legal hit within the rules, but Jagr was keeled over with his head right there on the boards and Ruutu flew into him. I saw some Finnish or 'Nucks supporters say he 'glided' into him; thats laughable, he excellerated right into Jagr's upper half. Btw, I'm not a Ranger fan, Czech fan, or Jagr fan.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Ziggy Stardust said:
Hey genius, I didn't say ALL Canuck fans. Learn to read. And are you denying that Canucks fans were calling for Moore's head and defend Ruutu?

Don't be stupid.

YES, I am denying it.

And I will continue to deny it until you actually can prove some evidence of a Canuck fan "calling for Moore's head" and then THAT SAME CANUCK FAN defending Ruutu.

Because I don't think that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad