Jagr a Devil Part II: May be an Alien Edition

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
10848659_10152994141089583_7024076267497658_o.jpg

This is excellent. Where did you find this, Wing? Bumping around the Devils site?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't throw any signed hats on the ice.

Maybe any of Holik, Gomez, Parise, Kovalchuk, shortly after they left. Probably not even those though. :laugh:

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Is Jagr ready to play again after the long sickness period? Any news?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Jagr having the mumps and flu might explain his lethargic play.
I'll give him a free pass.

Would be great to see him score some goals in bunches the next few weeks, increase dat trade value.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Jagr having the mumps and flu might explain his lethargic play.
I'll give him a free pass.

Would be great to see him score some goals in bunches the next few weeks, increase dat trade value.

Ya. I think it was the hat trick game where he first admited he wasn't feeling well.

He was taking a penality a game during that stretch.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Ya. I think it was the hat trick game where he first admited he wasn't feeling well.

He was taking a penality a game during that stretch.

Didn't he first miss a game with the flu back in December where the Devils played the Leafs? I think he's been under the weather for more than a month now.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Jagr watch# is back at the Penguins message boards:

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65162

From Dejan Kovacevic, covering the Penguins:

"All I know about the Penguins and Jaromir Jagr is that Evgeni Malkin was recently approached by management to see if he’d see No. 68 as a good fit on his line. Malkin affirmed. That’s it, at least for what’s made it to me. I’ve heard nothing else"

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I guess it wouldn't be that surprising. Jagr wants to play, and Jagr wants to win. He's done more than enough of that first thing for the past season and a half.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
I guess it wouldn't be that surprising. Jagr wants to play, and Jagr wants to win. He's done more than enough of that first thing for the past season and a half.

Not to mention not being played on the powerplay at all.:help::shakehead

Lou saying how Jagr didn't have one of his better games, well by putting him on the powerplay, he might have been able to create a goal. Then he doesn't play when they pull the goalie?

Bernier and Tootoo over Jagr? Seriously?:help:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Not to mention not being played on the powerplay at all.:help::shakehead

Lou saying how Jagr didn't have one of his better games, well by putting him on the powerplay, he might have been able to create a goal. Then he doesn't play when they pull the goalie?

Bernier and Tootoo over Jagr? Seriously?:help:

Jagr is on the PP..... Though.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Jagr is on the PP..... Though.

Did you not watch last night's game? He didn't get a single minute of powerplay time and was on the bench with the goalie pulled, this for the last 2 minutes.

When Jagr was playing 19 minutes a game, he's now down to about 15 minutes a game. Having Bernier, Tootoo and Zubrus playing as many or more minutes as him is mind boggling.

They keep playing the Henrique and Elias lines more minutes but I don't see any of them out playing Jagr. So if it's about Jagr not performing up to par, the rest of the lines should be benched for their lackluster play too. Zajac?:shakehead

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
I personally hate seeing Jagr on a PK or a PP. He is horrible at defending in a PK situation and in a PP, if we lose the puck he can't get back on time to help. By the way, did anyone just see this article???

Report: Devils' Jagr hoping to be traded to Eastern Conference contender

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/696967

Aren't there 4 other guys on the ice too?

Jagr has how many powerplay goals in his career? He was never good at defending, that's not why he was brought to New Jersey. He is however being played with scrubs and having Tootoo and Bernier over him on the powerplay is stupid. Last night he didn't get a single second on the powerplay, the few games before that he was getting last than 30 seconds.

With Jagr gone, lets see how much more the team struggles to score goals.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
Did you not watch last night's game? He didn't get a single minute of powerplay time and was on the bench with the goalie pulled, this for the last 2 minutes.

When Jagr was playing 19 minutes a game, he's now down to about 15 minutes a game. Having Bernier, Tootoo and Zubrus playing as many or more minutes as him is mind boggling.

They keep playing the Henrique and Elias lines more minutes but I don't see any of them out playing Jagr. So if it's about Jagr not performing up to par, the rest of the lines should be benched for their lackluster play too. Zajac?:shakehead

The Devils had one PP in the first period, Jagr played the shift before and after the PP. Maybe he was slightly hurt right before? Maybe the Devils thought they'd get more than one PP? Resting him before a trade? Pineapples?

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
The Devils had one PP in the first period, Jagr played the shift before and after the PP. Maybe he was slightly hurt right before? Maybe the Devils thought they'd get more than one PP? Resting him before a trade? Pineapples?

If the Devils were going to trade Jagr, shouldn't they try and up his value by getting him to up his points and putting him in the best scenario possible to put up those points?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jagr blows and doesn't deserve PP time. Clearly Tootoo deserves it more and we have a much better chance of scoring a PP goal with Tootoo on the ice.

Wasn't Jagr also absent from the 6 on 5 with the goalie pulled as well? That worked out very well too. Clearly the best 6 on 5 I've seen us execute all year. If only Sievens hadn't made all those big stops and Edmonton's elite team defense wasn't so damn good at keeping those shots to the outside!

Oates strikes again.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
Jagr blows and doesn't deserve PP time. Clearly Tootoo deserves it more and we have a much better chance of scoring a PP goal with Tootoo on the ice.

Wasn't Jagr also absent from the 6 on 5 with the goalie pulled as well? That worked out very well too. Clearly the best 6 on 5 I've seen us execute all year. If only Sievens hadn't made all those big stops and Edmonton's elite team defense wasn't so damn good at keeping those shots to the outside!

Oates strikes again.

I don't think Jagr & Oates were particularly fond of each other during their short time together with the Caps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad