Jacques Rogge slams NHL players

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Jobu said:
Fact one: Rogge is ignorant.

Fact two: Most hockey fans are as ignorant as Rogge.

Fact three: CarlRacki = "most hockey fans."

Fact four: Anyone as ignorant as Rogge and most hockey fans add little value to "The Businses of Hockey Discussions."

Hmmm ... I must have struck a nerve.

Amazing, by the way, that such an ignorant man runs a multi-billion dollar business like the IOC. But I'm sure his accomplishments pale next to yours. :shakehead

TwineSniper

Aug 29, 2003
Canada
Jobu said:
With all due respect, and even though I didn't make the original comment, and even though I don't see how this has much relevance, the fact that your single mother friend is on welfare is evidence of the fact that she doesn't possess a very scarce or valuable skill-set and is widely replaceable.

This little nugget alone is what I am gonna base any of your future arguments on.

Just how conceited are you? People here are giving legitimate arguments to yours (admittantly thought-provoking arguments). And if you don't have a adeqaute rebuttal, you laugh in there face.

To the common fan, this is what it comes down to. The players are and have been making too much money. The competitive market place has caused salaries to increase, far and away faster than any other industry outside of the entertainment/sports world. It's to a point where it's to a detriment to the future of the game.

You can float around all the big words you want, and your vast knowledge of economics, if you actually DO have it. But , basically, that's what most feel it comes down to.

And, by the way, thanks for spending 3 different points describing the difference between "lockout" and "strike". I am sure we can all sleep better at night.

As for your little comment about people on welfare, I never have or hopefully never will have to go on welfare. But, if you can't even mention the possibility that there are certain personal or otherwise circumstances that may cause a person to use this as a last resort. Not everyone on welfare is the type that has nothing to give society, and if you believe otherwise, you are completely ignorant, in lamen's terms, a jerk.

Wetcoaster

Sinurgy said:
All you do is insult people and make sweeping statements about everyone elses "ignorance" and your true understanding. The only conclusion is that you are insecure and desperately seeking attention. So go ahead and bask in your sunlight little man but realize that it is only you casting those rays.
And precisely how is that different from many posters on this Board including the above referenced CarlRacki to whom the poster refers who just stated several posts above:

It's about money for both sides and anyone who can't see that is a fool.

Pot - kettle - black Do you get the connection?

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
CarlRacki said:

Amazing, by the way, that such an ignorant man runs a multi-billion dollar business like the IOC. But I'm sure his accomplishments pale next to yours. :shakehead

Rogge called the owners' lockout a "strike." If you fail to admit his ignorance, be my guest, but it's plain to see.

Wetcoaster

CarlRacki said:

It is scary when a person running a multi-billion business like the IOC does not know the difference between a strike and lockout and how it impacts upon the dispute - but then neither do you from your previous comments. So I suppose I can understand how you support Dr. Rogge.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Phenomenon said:
This little nugget alone is what I am gonna base any of your future arguments on.

Just how conceited are you? People here are giving legitimate arguments to yours (admittantly thought-provoking arguments). And if you don't have a adeqaute rebuttal, you laugh in there face.

To the common fan, this is what it comes down to. The players are and have been making too much money. The competitive market place has caused salaries to increase, far and away faster than any other industry outside of the entertainment/sports world. It's to a point where it's to a detriment to the future of the game.

You can float around all the big words you want, and your vast knowledge of economics, if you actually DO have it. But , basically, that's what most feel it comes down to.

And, by the way, thanks for spending 3 different points describing the difference between "lockout" and "strike". I am sure we can all sleep better at night.

As for your little comment about people on welfare, I never have or hopefully never will have to go on welfare. But, if you can't even mention the possibility that there are certain personal or otherwise circumstances that may cause a person to use this as a last resort. Not everyone on welfare is the type that has nothing to give society, and if you believe otherwise, you are completely ignorant, in lamen's terms, a jerk.

It's hard to fight jealousy with reason.

Where did I say someone on welfare has nothing to give to society? The point is, you're trying to tell me it's unfair to pay a hockey player $x million per year because that's what the market bears, but unfair that certain people who went to school are on welfare.

Boo frickin' hoo. An NHL player has a skill that less than 1000 people in the world possess and they are paid accordingly; a welfare recipient in all likelihood has a skill that about a billion other people have. Either that, or they haven't marketed themselves very well. Either way, it has nothing to do with what an NHL player can command and deserves.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Jobu said:
Rogge called the owners' lockout a "strike." If you fail to admit his ignorance, be my guest, but it's plain to see.

OK, he misspoke regarding the NHL labor situation. That doesn't make him an ignorant person, despite your claim.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
CarlRacki said:
OK, he misspoke regarding the NHL labor situation. That doesn't make him an ignorant person, despite your claim.

Yeah, it does. If you read his comments in full context, it's clear that he has no particular idea about the LOCKOUT or its details.

You're trying to tell me some Belgian IOC politician/doctor knows anything about, as he puts it, "ice hockey," or more specifically, the NHL and its business-related idiosyncracies?

Please.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Jobu said:
Yeah, it does. If you read his comments in full context, it's clear that he has no particular idea about the LOCKOUT or its details.

You're trying to tell me some Belgian IOC politician/doctor knows anything about, as he puts it, "ice hockey," or more specifically, the NHL and its business-related idiosyncracies?

Please.

I'd like to see your qualifications then please. You've just finished calling a variety of people "ignorant". Now prove to us why your opinion should be considered more valuable than some used toilet paper in a nightclub washroom.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
And precisely how is that different from many posters on this Board including the above referenced CarlRacki to whom the poster refers who just stated several posts above:

First off, I never said anything about everyone else being righteous so I'm not sure what you are trying to call me on. Second, notice jobu has 171 posts. Now go look at all those posts and see the percentage of them where he flat out insults people (I know you won't but I certainly challenge you to do so if you truly disagree with me). I'm not talking about him just disagreeing with people, I'm talking about actual mud slinging. I'm willing to bet close to half his posts include useless insults. The guys has serious delusions of grandeur and it's getting ridiculous.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
CarlRacki said:
Ever notice how people who brag about their wisdom are usually the biggest bunch of dumba--es you'd ever want to meet?

Food for thought.

Anyhow, assailing the intelligence of those with whom you disagree is a weak and cowardly argument.
Its funny how he responds to this with insults, right on cue.

Its interesting how people get so touchy when someone uses common sense in their opinion on a situation. They jump all over a mis-used word, but ignore the fact that most fans (informed and uninformed alike) agree that the PA is being unreasonable.

There always seems to be a disproportionate number of insults in threads about people speaking out (ex-players, IOC heads, minor-leaguers…)

Wetcoaster

Sinurgy said:
First off, I never said anything about everyone else being righteous so I'm not sure what you are trying to call me on. Second, notice jobu has 171 posts. Now go look at all those posts and see the percentage of them where he flat out insults people (I know you won't but I certainly challenge you to do so if you truly disagree with me). I'm not talking about him just disagreeing with people, I'm talking about actual mud slinging. I'm willing to bet close to half his posts include useless insults. The guys has serious delusions of grandeur and it's getting ridiculous.

Again how is that different from many of the posters on this Board?

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
For my part i like to say that 100% reason of this lockout is the Old System's fault. What do yall think is gonna happen when you ask a league full of owners competing against each others to manage themselves? Its only bond to disaster. Every teams's budget is different and the pressure to win is different it can push some people to do crazy and stupid things. Common sense will change from owners to owners since their budgets are not the same. I know a lot of people (including players) say that its the owners problem and they should only blame themselves which is a bit true but my point is just try to understand why it got to that point. I really like to compare this with hockey. Imagine a NHL game without restraints (penalties), it would get out of hand in a heartbeat! Players would do anything to win, so does owners-GM even if it means overpaying.

We're all complaining right now because the referees arent severe enough and its killing the game well the fact that the old system wasnt severe enough killed our game. If the players could understand that the game would be saved. Help the NHL save the game and the NHL think that a cap will do the trick.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Wetcoaster said:
Again how is that different from many of the posters on this Board?
How many are there? Off hand, I can think of a certain Sens fan who is pro-PA, a certain Rangers fan who is pro-PA, a certain Flames fan who is pro-owner, and the goofball in question.

That’s 4 people who consistently throw out insults instead thought-out arguments. If you don’t see a difference between them, and most posters here, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Please note that the people I mentioned are on other people’s ignore list, so I'm not just randomly calling out people.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
nah

Other Dave said:
Why $100,000? Why not $95,000 or $120,000?

Is it just because "$100,000" represents "a lot of money" to you?

If I'd have based it on whats alot to me, I woulda said $50.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Jobu said:
The players aren't sitting out, that's the point. They would love to play under not only the terms and conditions agreed to and extended by the owners over the last decade, but have even offered significant concessions to achieve this end.

The players are sitting out because they refuse to work for what has been offered to them. Sign and play or not sign and don't play. Their choice.

End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->