Jacques Demers - Coach (RDS documentary)

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Wow, I had no idea what he had gone through! Major respect for him.

Alcoholic father who beat him and his mom, dirt-poor, next to zero education, suffering from ADD, anxiety disorder, and being illiterate... eventually wins a Stanley Cup with the Habs.

He went through a lot of hockey stuff before he ended up with the Habs, too!

If you can understand French, you owe it to yourself to watch it.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/jacques-qui-rit-jacques-qui-pleure-1.3284364

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Seriously. We all laugh because, at times, he has some problems with pronunciation. But man, he's a great human. I never heard anyone say something bad about the man and he acted with people.

It's a bit of a joke that he's a senator but at the end of the day, he takes pride in doing it. He has maintained his integrity, mostly by leaving the Conservative caucus who was accused of spending taxpayers money. He has also used his position to further the cause of alphabetization.

Hope he recovers.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He's a good and honest man. Sometimes a bit over emotive but he's one of the rare guy on the french media that has no agenda.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
My favorite Habs coach ever. Always thought that if I were a player I would love to play for a coach like Demers.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Seriously. We all laugh because, at times, he has some problems with pronunciation. But man, he's a great human. I never heard anyone say something bad about the man and he acted with people.

It's a bit of a joke that he's a senator but at the end of the day, he takes pride in doing it. He has maintained his integrity, mostly by leaving the Conservative caucus who was accused of spending taxpayers money. He has also used his position to further the cause of alphabetization.

Hope he recovers.

Your English is excellent so I just thought you may want to know that in English the word is literacy.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Always liked him. He was a players coach and we could use some of his characteristics behind the bench today. Best wishes to him.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yzerman and Probert loved the guy.

Habs have not come close to a cup with any coach since.

Speaks his mind and is usually bang on.

Latest quote worth noting. Last summer when Price put in on himself for losing to tbay in second round........ Demers responded with, "we all know the Canadiens would not have even made the play offs if not for the play of Carey"

Team sure proved him right.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad