Jacob Trouba Vs Morgan Rielly

Who is better in a vacuum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Would jets fans agree he had a poor showing in the playoffs? He was one of the few players on Winnipeg that I didn't really like what I saw from him

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Would jets fans agree he had a poor showing in the playoffs? He was one of the few players on Winnipeg that I didn't really like what I saw from him

He didn't put up a lot of points but I thought he was pretty solid positionally. The MoJo-Trouba pairing is more of a shut down pairing. Myers put up points but was also a lot less positionally sound IMO. Buff, Morrissey and Trouba were our best dmen by far. The rest were just kind of there with a slight nod to Myers for his clutch goals.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

He had lots of brain farts in the conference final with the puck. But he and Morrissey made sure every top line they played, the Jets carried the play against. That's his job in the end.

Weaknesses get magnified in the playoffs, that's how it goes.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
The one who was playing top pairing for the world cup team whereas the other was benched.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Just like Trouba Almighty plays second fiddle to Morrissey, he would have the same role with Rielly. Trouba is a great support player but he’s not the top guy. He’s the guy you put top offensive players with

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Just like Trouba Almighty plays second fiddle to Morrissey, he would have the same role with Rielly. Trouba is a great support player but he’s not the top guy.
not sure how you conclude that. they have innate chemistry with each other. Morrissey better positionally/defensively and Trouba better offensively/and stronger physically. There was a time Trouba was carrying Mark Stuart and was still a great young Dman

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Rielly.

I liked Trouba a lot when he was at NTDP & int'l w/ US during jr, but there's something about him at pro that really bugs me (to give you insight into the quality of my voting on this one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->