Jackets vs Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Screw little brother, Preds are still lumbus's Daddy!

I still have no idea how Forsberg saw Ekholm coming down the ice or even made that pass perfectly to him, right on his tape.

Hope Ellis is OK. Adam vingan tweeted that Ellis seemed OK after the game, but nothing definitive.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Reading the Jackets GDT didn't disappoint... they have their share of solid, reasonable posters but there was of course the boob who acted like they were SOOOOOO much better than us that them losing to us twice this year was just unthinkable. And of course plenty of hate for Joey.

I think I know which poster you're talking about, but I can't be sure because most of us keep that guy on ignore - for him, everyone and everything always sucks in all ways, forever.

I am not making any further observations about the game here because I would probably start a flamewar. :) (Just ask BFC if you're curious as to what it'd be about; I was screaming in his ear via Skype most of the evening.)

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think I know which poster you're talking about, but I can't be sure because most of us keep that guy on ignore - for him, everyone and everything always sucks in all ways, forever.

I am not making any further observations about the game here because I would probably start a flamewar. :) (Just ask BFC if you're curious as to what it'd be about; I was screaming in his ear via Skype most of the evening.)
Funny thing is I haven't even read their GDT and I probably know who it is. I've noticed one poster who's only purpose seems to be complaining about something at all times.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I didn't like that the BJ's didn't recognize Joey AT ALL. I mean we had Jones for what 2 and a half years and we gave him a little recognizition by simply showing our gratitude. 'Cause that's what you do when a guy get's drafted #4 overall into your organization and makes a relatively large impact by playing so little.

Joey meant more to them than Jones to us and they decided to show nothing. That's petty and small, IMO. Really lowered the respect I had for that organization. **** u BJ's.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I didn't like that the BJ's didn't recognize Joey AT ALL. I mean we had Jones for what 2 and a half years and we gave him a little recognizition by simply showing our gratitude. 'Cause that's what you do when a guy get's drafted #4 overall into your organization and makes a relatively large impact by playing so little.

Joey meant more to them than Jones to us and they decided to show nothing. That's petty and small, IMO. Really lowered the respect I had for that organization. **** u BJ's.

The jackets organization has never been well liked here and you are correct they have little class as far as that goes. Years ago the jackets felt that Nashville was a rival. Why no one knows because we have never felt that for them. The Preds rival was the Wings and the Jackets were always a joke.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Personally I think it's stupid to have a video tribute for a player unless they were a large part of the franchise. For current players think Forsberg, Josi, Fisher, maybe Ellis and Ek. I don't know if Smith or Wilson deserve tribute videos if we lose them in the offseason. I would argue that Johansen barely deserved a tribute video because of his contribution in Columbus but that Seth Jones did not.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Personally I think it's stupid to have a video tribute for a player unless they were a large part of the franchise. For current players think Forsberg, Josi, Fisher, maybe Ellis and Ek. I don't know if Smith or Wilson deserve tribute videos if we lose them in the offseason. I would argue that Johansen barely deserved a tribute video because of his contribution in Columbus but that Seth Jones did not.

While I agree that recognition is far overused to think that Forsberg is deserving is disturbing. Yes he has been a productive player. But that does in no way warrant recognition. Guys like Vokoun who took this team on his back and with the help of Sullivan willed the team to there first playoff appearance. Guys like Kimmo who was here a good deal of his career is also deserving. But the way it is now if its a fan favorite they get one. It puts butts in seats thats what owners are all about. Johanson was a pain in the ass for the Bugs. Contract problem, motivation issue so exactly why would they go out of there way to recognize him. One the other side why in the hell did the Preds do one for $uter who sold them out. Did they do one for Radulov??????

Guys that are deserving are the ones that make an impact not just on the scoresheet but one the room and the organization. Fan favorites are all too often just honored to sell tickets. Another example Tootoo who has always been borderline NHL material and a guy that should just be grateful he has a career instead of going to the media like he did and bad mouthing the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad