Confirmed with Link: Jackets sign Davidsson to ELC

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Am I to understand that somepeople believe that 222 (second best player on second best in second best league) in his first year on North American ice is going to b the key to us making the playoffs?

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Am I to understand that somepeople believe that 222 (second best player on second best in second best league) in his first year on North American ice is going to b the key to us making the playoffs?
Maybe not the key, but it does seem like he stands a good chance of being helpful.

Reactions: thebus88

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I understand all the discussion, and speculation. Johnathan Davidsson will come to prospect camp, play at Traverse City and compete in fall camp. There will be some in this forum who will be excited and some that will think the CBJ screwed up a draft pick.

For me, if Jarmo says the kid has the potential to be real good, I'm just fine with that. I won't make my final decision on this young prospect come October 7th. I'll make my final decision in about 3-4 years. Jarmo has hit enough correct that he has earned some trust and credibility with me. The choice of Nuttivaara in the 7th round of 2015 is all I need to know.

Some could point out Jarmo's draft screw-up's. I would agree there have been some. Perfection on draft day is impossible. When it come to selecting European players to draft, I'll stick with Jarmo.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
What are the odds of him making the team out of camp this year?
That depends on a lot of things. He'll be in the group competing for 4th line wing and 13th forward with Milano, Duclair, Sedlak, Hannikainen, Robinson, and Abramov. I'm leaning to Hannikainen and Abramov being sent down to the AHL to start the year. I think Sedlak will remain as the 13th forward, expect Duclair to come into camp and play hard to impress the coaches/management. That would leave Robinson, Milano, and Davidson for the last spot on the team (if we only carry one extra forward). It's Milano's spot to lose if he doesn't play hard in camp. I think, ultimately, Robinson will start the year in Cleveland.

That leaves JD probably going back Djurgarden this year, but he or Abramov could be too good to ignore. Camp will be exciting.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's up to 3 scratch spots in total, right? And with the defense thinning out it seems like 2 could be used for forwards. Davidsson could be a guy who gets 5 or so games alternating between scratches, before they feel they need to make a decision. They might also be fine running Sedlak through waivers if he doesn't play well, the center depth has improved enough.

I think they'll try and give guys looks. Kukan would never have been offered an NHL contract if all we had to go on was his AHL play. They'll want to see Davidsson play in the NHL and that could only be at the start of the year, since he won't go to the AHL. Robinson, Abramov, Hannikainen, etc... can all be called up later if need be.

Which reminds me, Hannikainen I believe is no longer waiver exempt. I would think he might sit in one of the scratch spots for awhile. I think he's more useful than he's given credit for, I've said it before, I wish he replaced Letestu in the playoff lineup. I'd hope they keep him.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
With Davidsson and Duclair around, I don't have much hope for the future of Milano in a CBJ jersey.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
With Davidsson and Duclair around, I don't have much hope for the future of Milano in a CBJ jersey.
They all have a lot to prove still. It's definitely going to create a lot of competition in the bottom 6 which is a really good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->