Jackets' Players Rep Bails On Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
OilerFan4Life said:
:shakehead
Only a guy from Buckeye country would suggest contracting a Canadian team. I think most of everyone here can agree that there are 5-6 other teams that need to go well before the Oilers or Flames.

P.S "The" Ohio State Football teams sucks. :D
Now, don't go flaming.

Your avatar suggests a savage hypocrisy in your words. Afterall, your Eagles choked down the strech and wasted precious minutes that could have tied a close superbowl game.

A National Championship, Fiesta Bowl win, and Alamo Bowl win later suggest you are an idiot

Actually, it's been well documented that the Oilers have been in some kind of dire straits competing in this CBA environment. Did you forget that the players were locked out? Its completely fathomable that the Flames, Oilers could be in the same sinking ship as Carolina, Florida, and Atlanta. Infact, wasn't it the Oilers' owner who made the most threatening statements about his franchise's demise?

:speechles

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
cbjrocks100700 said:
For complete out of the box thinking, I've always thought the way to solve these problems for the NHL is take local broadcast revenue rights away from the teams and have the league cut the deal. Combine with national broadcast and PPV. Then, split the pot by 30. It would create the same foundation of revenue for each team. Everyone would start at the same place. Then, the individual teams could build more revenue with local sponsorships etc. I know it will not happen because the super rich teams will never allow it, but to have true revenue sharing, you must start with trust...trust with the league and player and trust among owners.

Seems logical to me too, as its obviously easier to share league revenues equally than your own revenues. Another reason it would be hard forthe owners to accept would be teams like Philly, Tor, or NYR. They would have to negotiate through the league to their own tv company? I also dont think that kind of ownership structure is permitted in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->