Jackets on AT&T U-Verse

Fanpuck33

Dec 15, 2010
Ohio
I am thinking of switching to AT&T U-Verse, but I am concerned about being able to see the Jackets live with them. They specifically list FS Cincy and FS Cleveland, so I am concerned that Cincinnati and Cleveland programming will be given precedence on both channels, at times at the expense of Jackets games. Can anyone confirm whether there are ever issues with being able to get live Jackets games on U-Verse in Columbus?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I am thinking of switching to AT&T U-Verse, but I am concerned about being able to see the Jackets live with them. They specifically list FS Cincy and FS Cleveland, so I am concerned that Cincinnati and Cleveland programming will be given precedence on both channels, at times at the expense of Jackets games. Can anyone confirm whether there are ever issues with being able to get live Jackets games on U-Verse in Columbus?
Sorry, I can only speak to Spectrum which does provide all games (I'm thinking of testing Sling)

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I 've had U-Verse in the past and there was never an issue with them not showing the Jackets in favor of showing the Cleveland or Cincinnati teams instead. The one time I recall there being a potential conflict they used an overflow channel to broadcast the Reds game when the Jackets and Indians were also playing.

The only issue I've had with U-Verse is how much they jack up the price after your initial deal is over. They wanted double from me after the first year. They wouldn't budge on their price so I went back to WOW.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I 've had U-Verse in the past and there was never an issue with them not showing the Jackets in favor of showing the Cleveland or Cincinnati teams instead. The one time I recall there being a potential conflict they used an overflow channel to broadcast the Reds game when the Jackets and Indians were also playing.

The only issue I've had with U-Verse is how much they jack up the price after your initial deal is over. They wanted double from me after the first year. They wouldn't budge on their price so I went back to WOW.
That pretty much exactly matches our experience as well, up to and including the ludicrous price increase.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

The cable companies are coming almost irrelevant in these discussions. I have DirectTV Now and like most cable companies you can link that to foxsportsgo and just stream it. I have the FoxSports app on my AppleTV and just watch the games on that. The only downside is that I don't get a DVR function, but DirectTV Now had a online DVR function in Beta. Soon you won't have to spend $15 a month on DVR's. Well you may, but it'll be an addon to your streaming service for some type of cloud offering.

The experience with DirectTV now has been great. I hardly use the app, I just use my AppleTV to tie in to all the stations I like and mostly watch the shows later through the apps. AppleTV does a nice job with their "up next" function. I have about six shows I watch, when a new episode is on it shows up. I don't need a cable guide or program a DVR. It will even show up when the new season starts. It should work the same for things like Sling. I really like it. Now if you like sitting back and watching 4/6/10 at for their news at 10 like in the way back times of 2016, DirecTV Now isn't your best choice.

We're moving to cable companies just being an Internet connection.

Good luck.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
That pretty much exactly matches our experience as well, up to and including the ludicrous price increase.

I haven't heard of a cable company that hasn't done that. You have to cable hop if you want to keep a reasonable price. Kind of sucks and I'm not helping by using them as an ISP only.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I haven't heard of a cable company that hasn't done that. You have to cable hop if you want to keep a reasonable price. Kind of sucks and I'm not helping by using them as an ISP only.
For us, WOW hiked up the price a tad after the initial deal, but it was nothing like the degree to which UVerse did.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
For us, WOW hiked up the price a tad after the initial deal, but it was nothing like the degree to which UVerse did.

Wow crushed me on my cable costs, that's why I'm down to ISP only. I wasn't paying much attention and went from 115 to 218 in about six months (auto-pay).

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I have YouTubeTv and I get to see every single game on FSO and I've been able to watch most of the playoffs as I have NBCSN and 6, 10 and 28 from both YT and OTA cable.

I think we're paying less than $40 a month for tv.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

I had Uverse and they made it so expensive that I reluctantly switched back to Time Warner.... Uverse was expensive enough for me to sign back up with one of the worst companies in the world. I think it had over $200 for not-very-special service. I was in college at the time.

I can't remember why, but I had very limited options at the time. WoW was not one of those options.

I don't have cable anymore. They all suck.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Time Warner cable for awhile, then bought out for Spectrum... for the first couple months, I was getting basic cable and internet for around 80 dollars a month, now it's increased to over 105 dollars a month and for some reason I've been missing ESPN, TNT, USA and other networks that I am supposed to receive, but they are always blacked out. I could never get it fixed in the 2 years. Now, all of my channels are missing, I have to look further into it, I think they upgraded it all to HD service... But, honestly... I'm thinking of just cutting back to internet and either doing Sling, Playstation Vue, or just youtube.

Fanpuck33

Dec 15, 2010
Ohio
Thanks for the input. So I'll get the Jackets, but risk a bad experience and high probability of only lasting with them a year before massive price hikes. I'll have to test around the streaming services to see if any have a worthwhile cloud DVR. I tried PSVue, and it was terrible since you could only record all eps of a show and had no option to deal with sports overrun. I haven't tried YouTubeTV, but it sounds similar to that. Sling has DVR now, but it doesn't appear to work on all channels, especially sports networks. DirecTv Now doesn't have FS1, so it is out as long as they carry UFC events. Hulu sounds like it may be worth trying.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Went cable-free last year, not looking back until it's a good service that is fairly priced. Even if you end up adding a bunch of services (Hulu, NHL.TV, Netflix, Prime, etc) it'll still probably be cheaper. Also got a TV antenna ($12) to watch local TV and stuff like Jeopardy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad