brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Columbus has won 4 of their last 5, 8 of the last 10
First place in Metro (35 pts) Tied for 2nd in East with Toronto
Abysmal Power play 9.3% (31st)
Strong Penalty kill 84.9% (3rd)
2.35 GA (3rd)
2.81 GF (20th)

Caps 9th in conference 26 games 29 points, 1 pt behind NYR (26 games), 2 from PIT 27gp-31pts.
NYI are 3rd in Metro, 25 games 32 points.
Today's games:
PITT vs BUF
BOS at PHI
CAR vs FLA
DET vs MTL

Last edited:
Reactions: troyerlaw

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
With the reg season about 1/3 in this is a fairly important game. Don't want to fall 8 pts back of Cbus.

Of course good ol' Torts saved Bob for the Caps :eek:

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Columbus has won 4 of their last 5, 8 of the last 10
First place in Metro (35 pts) Tied for 2nd in East with Toronto
Abysmal Power play 9.3% (31st)
Strong Penalty kill 84.9% (3rd)
2.35 GA (3rd)
2.81 GF (20th)

Caps 9th in conference 26 games 29 points, 1 pt behind NYR (26 games), 2 from PIT 27gp-31pts.
NYI are 3rd in Metro, 25 games 32 points.
Today's games:
PITT vs BUF
BOS at PHI
CAR vs FLA
DET vs MTL

We need to start winning games again. We don't have any breathing room at this point.

Also, on a different note, how does Columbus have such an awful PP? The addition of Panarin should've solved their PP issues.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Something tells me columbus will play very solid defensively, maybe we get one vs bob, but not much more. Holtby will play well, but we will give up some fluky goal because we let up for a few seconds and lose something like 3-1/2-1

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I like the new look third line. Cautiously optimistic tonight.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
We need to start winning games again. We don't have any breathing room at this point.

Also, on a different note, how does Columbus have such an awful PP? The addition of Panarin should've solved their PP issues.
I think their PP formation is the culprit. They don't play low enough, alot of perimeter and blueline shots, not enough quality chances close to the net, at even strength they create better scoring opportunities with more of a net presence. Their 5x5 is what's winning them games.
BUF PP 12.2% ranked 30th in case anyone's wondering.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think their PP formation is the culprit. They don't play low enough, alot of perimeter and blueline shots, not enough quality chances close to the net, at even strength they create better scoring opportunities with more of a net presence. Their 5x5 is what's winning them games.
BUF PP 12.2% ranked 30th in case anyone's wondering.

They should set this up exactly like we do. Panarin at the Ovi office, Jones or Werenski at the point, Wennberg at the Backstrom spot, Foligno down low at the Kuzy spot and Atkinson in the Oshie spot. If they do that, their PP will be top notch, just like ours was for years.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
QUOTE="Eazy for Kuzy, post: 138590831, member: 196617"]They should set this up exactly like we do. Panarin at the Ovi office, Jones or Werenski at the point, Wennberg at the Backstrom spot, Foligno down low at the Kuzy spot and Atkinson in the Oshie spot. If they do that, their PP will be top notch, just like ours was for years.[/QUOTE]
Don't give them any ideas!
Knowing the Caps, Columbus will go 4 for 4 with the man advantage.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Those are the ideal forward lines with 65 out IMO. Interested to see how the 3rd line does.
I mean, it’s hard to say bottom-6 is really ‘ideal’ in any sense. But, with the options available, I guess this arrangement is as good as any other.

I hope we come out with good jump and speed. Also, more of that same hitting we saw in Kings game.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
You don't actually believe that.
Nah, he's going to wait until the playoffs and say that Vrana had a great season but he's just not physically ready for the tempo of NHL playoffs and start Connolly on the second line instead. Trotz is unfortunately predictable as heck.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Nah, he's going to wait until the playoffs and say that Vrana had a great season but he's just not physically ready for the tempo of NHL playoffs and start Connolly on the second line instead. Trotz is unfortunately predictable as heck.
I think Trotz has benched players when they needed it. Sometimes he waits too long.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Nate schmidt was still earning healthy scratches at end of last season, and by that point he was one of our most reliable D.

Orpik amd alzner were regularly committing blunders for which younger players would have been banished.
And Nate Schmidt is still learning. He still makes mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->